“this is not real Sushi and does not taste good”
Review of Sushi Rakkyo

Sushi Rakkyo
Ranked #437 of 1,485 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed February 15, 2014

When my husband and I went last night the food tasted very bad. This is not Japanese Sushi. Sushi means vinegar flavored rice… The rice was dry and hard, they can fix rice another time, but do not use proper ingredients. We ordered combination with roll. Spicy tuna roll was mazui if you have to choose Califonia was not as bad. I am sad they call it Sushi, it is embarrass for Japan. Our waitress was kind and fast but the food was terrible. Maybe this is ok place for young people, but was too loud with TV for me and my husband. They do not have to be Japanese person, but please do a good job. It seems like sushi is fashion in Colorado now so many shop can open, but this is just pretend sushi. Please be careful to fine a nice place.

2  Thank Jfood S

Reviewed January 16, 2014

A friend recommended this restaurant because of the all you can eat sushi. For dinner it's $25, which didn't seems like a bad deal. And I suppose it's not bad, except the sushi was just OK. It's not that the fish wasn't fresh, but something just didn't work. And we tried many things, and many of them were just kind of blah. They did look pretty though. And the service was pretty good. The restaurant was also VERY cold. I just wouldn't go back there.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I loved this place! Sushi selection was nice, and the value foe the money was excellent. We came here as a family and enjoyed it very much. Had soups, salads, tempura, sushi and rolls. Everything was great quality and very yummy. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We live nearby.... and have had some tell us that for the $$ this is place pretty good.

So - when I was asked for a sushi place to go to, I told them to go here.

Well, like others have said, the SERVICE is lacking and I guess they didn't miss a step on this occassion either. Friends said they got there - place was basically empty and STILL THE SERVICE WAS TERRIBLE.

SO, lesson learned... even though the $$ is good for the food, if the service is poor, makes for a crappy time.

1  Thank kemss
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was a teaser of sushi. Server was friendly, however disapointed in the presentation of all you can eat sushi. Extremely thin slices of meat mostly rice. Came time to order more and chef decided he was done for the day. Very disapointing especially for the money.