“If you love sushi go for the all you can eat” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sushi Rakkyo
Ranked #275 of 1,403 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gunnison, Colorado
“If you love sushi go for the all you can eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Its a good sign when the place is packed! I suggest the all you can eat sushi (only $25) but dont over order or you will be charged! Go for the nigori because the rolls really fill you up fast! Several of the rolls were much heavier than any I'd ever had, which I didn't like. Their Purple K sake was delicious!

Visited September 2012

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not much value on all you can eat sushi dinner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

We had all-you-can-eat sushi dinner ($24.95) here. A piece of fish on sushi was too small, and steamed rice was packed too firmly and too much under the piece of fish. I don't think that it is worth to pay $24.95 for the dinner. In addition, service was terrible.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Sean_James_12
Manitou Springs, Colorado
“Good Quality, Service and Selection at AYCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

After hearing several people say how great Rakkyo is we had to try it and were pleased we did! We arrived at 5 on a Friday and the place was nearly empty, but by the time we left there was a line outside the door! Hint: go early!
The server gave us the AYCE menu, explained the 2 for 1 drink specials, the 'eat all the rice or you will be billed' rule and showed us the laminated menu for explanation on the roll ingredients.
Odd things: we sat at the sushi bar but weren't allowed to give the chef the menu, the server took it. We had an order of California rolls on our first plate (we didn't order) and when I told the server we wouldn't eat it she seemed puzzled. We didn't eat it and weren't charged for not eating food. We order all rolls w/out cucumber due to allergies but the second order came full of it. This happened due to the server and chef break-down that wouldn't have occurred if we were in contact with the chef BUT they did correct it and it was no bother at all.
Great things: huge selection of sashimi, rolls, apps and Japanese favs. All rolls were made to perfection and the fish was not old or foul but fresh and cold.
I highly recommend Rakkyo, suggest going at lunch for the same selection but $10 cheaper and go early during supper to avoid the wait.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Dogperson17
South Carolina
“Great deal, great sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Although the 14.95 all you can eat sushi sign drew us in, we chose other lunch options that were cheaper but filling. For $9.95 I was able to get plenty of sushi from more limited choices and have the miso soup and salad as well. Did not expect the soup and salad to be so good. They were by far the best I have had at any sushi place. Not sure why because they look the same but the freshness of ingredients was obvious. There are other choices on the menu for non-sushi eaters and the place appeared clean and well-maintained.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank shorttrips60
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Food Poisoning, and owner didn't care!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

Food poisoning, and owner didn't care! Our family has eaten here many times, and really loved it until last time. I had lunch with my wife, and by 4 pm was feeling ill, and by 6pm the torture began. I went back the next afternoon to talk to the owner, to let him know I had gotten food poisoning. All he could say was "really?". He would neither acknowledge that I got sick, or even let the words "I'm sorry" come out of his mouth. I didn't ask for anything but at least wanted to hear an "I'm, sorry and we will try to make sure it doesn't happened gain" He couldn't have cared less that I had spent 6 hours puking. So if you want to eat at a restaurant that doesn't give a crap if you get poisoned, this is your place.

Visited March 2012