“OK, good for a change of pace”

Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #355 of 1,472 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I ate here with some co-workers for lunch. First, the good points, it was very fast, there were plenty of options for putting your meal together, and the staff was very pleasant. Now, the negatives. It was fairly expensive for a "fast food" lunch at my meal (a combo) being over 12 dollars. The food was decent but not what I had hoped for. I've had similar food while overseas and, in my opinion, this was not up to par. The falafel was good but the dolma (grape leaves wrapped around rice with spices) was very disappointing. I myself would not go back but my co-workers seemed to enjoy their meal much better than I did. Not a bad experience, but not going to get my money again.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

It may be fast but it's so so good! What a great variety of Mediterranean food and always greeted at the door! Awesome!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We love Fresh Mex, and were excited to see Garbanzo--we have long longed for a Fresh Med option in northern COS! We love Mediterranean cooking and hoped Garbanzo would be the equivalent of a Qdoba or Chipotle for Mediterranean food. We ate there twice with the family, but haven't been back since. It was clean and great service, and the food was abundant, tasteful, and prepared well, but it was just lacking for us. I can't put my finger on it, but it had to do with selection and options. We all came away thinking it was more like eating at a Med-Donalds. I'm not down on Garbanzo, but it didn't win us over and left us thinking there's still room for a "real" Fresh Med restaurant in the area. We will probably eat there again after church sometime, but it will be more out of a "last resort" family compromise than a "first choice" family favorite. Maybe the third time will be the charm.

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

What a great fast food alternative! My meal was tasty and fresh and full of flavor. Food is ready quickly. Pleasant surprise!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We accidentally happened on this restaurant while in Colorado spring. They suggested the platter for first timers. We were able to get a taste of almost all of their offerings. We Loved the falafels, fresh pita bread, baba ganoosh, hummus, cucumber salad, etc. We walked out stuffed and it was very reasonably priced. They have a few oddities like pickled eggplant, but even that was enjoyable. We actually went to the Promenade shops at Briargate location...they should all be good!