“Lots of delicious favors!”

Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #336 of 1,494 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We accidentally happened on this restaurant while in Colorado spring. They suggested the platter for first timers. We were able to get a taste of almost all of their offerings. We Loved the falafels, fresh pita bread, baba ganoosh, hummus, cucumber salad, etc. We walked out stuffed and it was very reasonably priced. They have a few oddities like pickled eggplant, but even that was enjoyable. We actually went to the Promenade shops at Briargate location...they should all be good!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

WOW! What a find at the Promenade Shops at Briargate. Great options for vegetarians. Falafel that was flavorful and delicious. The falafel platter was fantastic and my husband loved the falafel sandwich. The staff was friendly, helpful and offered free samples. The homemade chips, hummus, and rice were fantastic. A great place for a home cooked meal, with fresh veggies, and great atmosphere. Can't wait till they come to my hometown!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

This relatively new chain, which originated in Denver, has quickly become my favorite! It is fast food that not only do my husband and I both like, but don't feel guilty after eating. As with many modern fast food concepts, they put together your order right in front of you so you can select what you want. They have everything from kebabs (their latest add) to salads to pitas and wraps. My personal favorite order is soup and a half pita as allows me to feel like I got to try two entrees in one meal without getting too much! The staff is always pleasant and the restaurants always clean. Make sure to try the falafel they offer (yummy) and get a "club card" as doesn't take too long to get to a free entree! They also do catering (if only they delivered I'd be using them for all my workday lunch functions). I just want them to expand faster as when I'm on travel out of the state, I miss them terribly as a quick but healthy meal option!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Colorado "chain" restaurant, and I have been to both the Southgate and the Shops At The Bluffs stores. Both are identical. Super nice people enthusiastically offer you a falafel to try, and offer to explain the menu to you. It's not that complicated, working like a Chipotle or Qdoba: choose a pita (both white and whole wheat are excellent), laffa (more like a tortilla than a real laffa, avoid unless you want a "burrito"), or plate (w/ pita on the side). Choose to add a major food: falafel, chicken shawarma (more like spiced white meat chicken, than actual shawarma), steak shawarma, portobello mushroom, etc., and then add as much extra stuff as you want (some are extra cost, most are not). Terrific at any level, and all foods are labeled as to gluten free, dairy-free, etc. For $3 you can add a side (about 5 options) and a drink. Chips are great, and so is the mint-lemonade. You can try ANYTHING simply by asking. Haven't tried the kabobs (chicken or steak).

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Everything is fresh. You feel good after eating here. My only complaint would be that the people that work here talk fast in their Mediterranean Cuisne speak and I am unfamiliar with some of the foods. It is clean and the service is good. They are always staffed up and they give you samples!