“Best Place to Thai one on”

NaRai Thai Restaurant
Ranked #59 of 1,423 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Best Place to Thai one on”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Best Thai food in town. Everything is prepared to order and tasted very fresh. The chef gets the spices just right. Service is friendly and well informed. Nice prices make this a winner.

• Visited June 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Excellent Thai food, Consistently Across Menu”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

As others have noted, this is in a small strip mall anchored by a Safeway and a McDonalds. Thus, plenty of parking, but only a few spaces very close (note: I've always gotten one). Very easy to get to as it's ~1 mile from I-25 equidistant to the Woodman or Rockrimmon exits (Rockimmon is a big C and this is at the center of that C).

We had a great appetizer of fried tofu with a nice sharp sweet sauce. My partner loved her Tofu Yellow Curry and I loved my Chicken Red Curry (all chicken is white breast meat). I've had other dishes in the past equally excellent, like the Pa Nang. Nice atmosphere inside with a staff that was friendly.

One complaint. We took this to go, and the rice boxes were not completely full. When you're eating Thai food, rice is key. Also, this is not inexpensive. Our bill was almost $30, as both dishes were around $11. Still good, but kinda pricey for Thai food that doesn't come with extras. Note that their Lunch menu is cheaper... and it's closed Mondays.

• Visited July 2013
Deerfield, New Hampshire
“Outstanding Thai food! Hidden gem.”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hidden in a small strip mall with not a lot of parking... Great food, a wide variety of food offerings, well presented. I ordered my first dish mild, then the second time I visited I had it hot. Both were outstanding, think I may go all the way and try Thai Hot the next time I stop in.

• Visited July 2013
Woodland Park, Colorado
“Excellent.”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Tried this little place for takeout based on TripAdvisor reviews. When I was blown away by their takeout I brought my family to dine in. I have only been here twice but am WILDLY enthusiastic about their food.
The restaurant looks unassuming from the exterior; it's in a little strip mall at Rockrimmon/ Vindicator. Inside, the air conditioner was blazing cold (welcome in 90 degree heat) and the decor is understated and tasteful. The menu is extensive and you can look at it online before you visit. There is beer and wine and a children's menu (called "Dek Dek"-- cute).
Bottom line with NaRai Thai: I LOVE THEIR CURRIES. "Hot" is seriously hot and "Thai Hot"?? It must be nuclear. My favorite dish is Panang Curry. It is so balanced, with just the right amount of complexity, heat and sweetness. The Drunken Noodles were delicious and hearty: stout egg noodles cooked to a pleasing chewy texture with a tangy, beef-y sauce and tender vegetables. The Dek Dek orange chicken was devoured by my son. And the service was prompt without being abrupt (the server was sweet, and she asked about drink refills and dessert before bringing the bill).
I am interested in trying other Thai restaurants in the Pikes Peak region but I honestly will have difficulty NOT coming to NaRai Thai everytime. It is that good.

• Visited June 2013
Austin, Texas
“Great Thai”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Excellent Thai food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Strong tasting food. Can't go wrong with this place!!!!!!

• Visited May 2013