“Authentic Jamaican Cuisine and Atmosphere”
Review of Spice Island Grill

Spice Island Grill
Ranked #165 of 1,431 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Jamaican
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Spice Island Grill is the most authentic Casual Dining Jamaican Restaurant in Colorado Springs, tucked in the historic Downtown Depot district. At SIG you will enjoy traditional authentic Jamaican dishes from this exclusive tropical hideaway. Menu includes many island favorites that will treat your pallet and satisfy your hunger. Guests enjoy dining in the ambiance of a fun, spacious, and relaxed setting. It’s an electric innovative family restaurant with Jamaican chefs, who whip up various authentic Jamaican dishes using generations of family recipes such as, beef oxtail, curry goat, Jerk chicken, Escovitched fish and much more. This menu is complimented by their unique appetizers, home-made desserts, and cocktails. As you dine, you can hear the rhythm of Reggae in the background which adds to the flavor of Caribbean atmosphere. Come for the food, stay for the experience!
“Authentic Jamaican Cuisine and Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I first stumbled into this little gem of a restaurant 2 months after having moved to Colorado Springs (COS) in June 2013. At first it was just every 2 weeks, but after I started earning a good income I upped the visits to weekly date lunches with my wife since she works nearby. We not only look forward to the week-day buffet with its spicy jerk chicken and unbelievable mac and cheese side dishes but we also come on Friday nights to enjoy the live music and the specialty dishes. The owners always stop by everybodies tables and chat up for a few minutes. The staff is incredibly friendly and attentive. I could go on and on about the food...you just cannot go wrong with whatever you select. Its a Five star in my book. Will keep going there until either one of us aint around anymore!

• Visited August 2014

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Superb! Simply Superb!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

This gem hidden off the beaten track of downtown Colorado Springs, located near the historic train depot, is absolutely wonderful! The authentic Jamaican style food here is the best in Colorado Springs. We had the curried goat, and it was divine. With a pleasant atmosphere, and friendly staff, I will be coming here again and again!

“Great Island Escape”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere felt very authentic and had adorable decorations. The food was wonderful and I especially appreciated the large vegetarian menu. It took almost two hours to order, wait for our food, and eat, but they're on island time so that's okay! I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a relaxing island escape.

Gardena, California
“Must have been an off Tues...”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Daughter and I stopped in based on high TA rating. It was a Tues eve (~7ish) and maybe 6 other parties were seated when we walked in. After seeing only 2 employees in the first 5 minutes, I figured we were in for a "relaxed" dining pace. Don't get me wrong, the 2 folks serving were extremely pleasant and also apologetic for the slow-pace, I take it even slower than usual. Daughter (who is a picky eater) ordered grilled chicken breast but they were out, so opted for the chicken curry. I chose jerk shrimp. Both entrees came with 2 sides from a list of several options (plaintains were an easy default for both of us). After several minutes (20 maybe 25??), our food appeared, simply but neatly presented. First bite of my shrimp - overdone. First bite of my daughters chicken - equally overdone. But the flavor was good on both, the Red Stripe was cold and the tab was not outrageous. Nice relaxed ambiance. Maybe an off night? But definitely not 4 or 4.5 stars.

• Visited June 2014
Farragut, Tennessee
“Spicy and sweet!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I went tonight in a party of nine. We all had something different and everyone LOVED it. The appetizers were a great start! Fried plantains, jerk chicken, sweet potatoes, etc. Wasn't disappointed by anything I tried. Friendly service and great food!

• Visited June 2014