“Clean, Well Maintained, Great Rates” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Peak Vista Inn & Suites

BEST WESTERN PLUS Peak Vista Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Golden, Colorado
“Clean, Well Maintained, Great Rates”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Recently I had a three day shoot in Colorado Springs. My client had used this hotel in the past for their own guests and booked a room for me as well. After a long day's shoot, it was great to come back to clean, quiet room to rest and recharge.

The room itself was a suite, meaning, I believe, it was larger than some of the other rooms I've stayed in at other Microtels. Features included a sofa, easy chair, CRT type TV, microwave, refrigerator, work desk and small "kitchen sink" with adjoining work surface.

The WIFI worked well and there was a limited selection of cable TV channels. The bathroom fixtures all functioned and there was a nice self over the sink to organize your toiletries. Towels were reasonably soft; the bed was comfortable and sheets were clean smelling. Housekeeping did a good job each day straightening up the room without disturbing personal items.

I was in room 416 which is on the far east end of the building, nearest I-25. Despite the location, my room was quiet and the AC was effective, as long as you can stand fan noise.

I can only knock room for its lack of storage. There is a closet and four drawers in two locations in the room, including under the window seat. These drawers though, are filled with extra bedding and pillows. Be prepared to stack personal items around the room on other horizontal surfaces.

There was a complimentary breakfast that featured hot and cold items along with juice and coffee. It was a good way to start the day. I stayed at the hotel during the later stages of the Black Forest fire and the hotel was obviously hosting many families displaced by the fire. Yet the staff kept the facility running smoothly and remained friendly.

Right next door is a Hooters and an Old Chicago restaurant. It's a short drive to the Chapel Hills Mall and all of the stores and restaurants surrounding the mall.

Overall, when traveling on a budget and looking for clean, well maintained place to rest, this Colorado Springs Microtel is a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Castle Rock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was really impressed with the room. It was the perfect size for the 3 of us (2 adults and 1 teenager). I will certainly stay here again and I will tell my friends to check you out for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank Tami C
Colorado Springs, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family including 2 dogs and 2 cats was evacuated from the Black Forest fire in June 2013. We called Microtel to see if we could get a room and if they would accept the menagerie we had with us. They not only accepted us but were very gracious and helpful throughout our very stressful one week stay. There were many other evacuees with pets staying at this hotel and it must have been very difficult for the housekeeping staff as well as the people at the front desk. Never once did I feel like we were unwanted, they were helpful and supportive in every way. There were many kindnesses done to us during this horrible time and many of them were from anonymous strangers who I am not able to thank. I am able to thank everyone at Microtel, you made our lives a little easier during this very difficult time. Our room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. The pillows were the best I have slept on. I usually bring my own because I am pretty particular. These were as good as the ones I have at home. I will consider Microtel my permanent place to stay when I am traveling in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mambomomma
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I arrived late on a Thursday night in November of 2012. We had a dog and were greeted by Annie at the desk. She not only confirmed the Microtel accepted dogs, she was able to provide a ground floor suite at a discount.
From our room we looked out on a mountain vista. Breath taking.
The rooms were clean and comfortable. I can't wait to go back through and stay again.

Room Tip: We couldn't have asked for more. Very convenient with the dog on the ground floor.