Recently I had a three day shoot in Colorado Springs. My client had used this hotel in the past for their own guests and booked a room for me as well. After a long day's shoot, it was great to come back to clean, quiet room to rest and recharge.
The room itself was a suite, meaning, I believe, it was larger than some of the other rooms I've stayed in at other Microtels. Features included a sofa, easy chair, CRT type TV, microwave, refrigerator, work desk and small "kitchen sink" with adjoining work surface.
The WIFI worked well and there was a limited selection of cable TV channels. The bathroom fixtures all functioned and there was a nice self over the sink to organize your toiletries. Towels were reasonably soft; the bed was comfortable and sheets were clean smelling. Housekeeping did a good job each day straightening up the room without disturbing personal items.
I was in room 416 which is on the far east end of the building, nearest I-25. Despite the location, my room was quiet and the AC was effective, as long as you can stand fan noise.
I can only knock room for its lack of storage. There is a closet and four drawers in two locations in the room, including under the window seat. These drawers though, are filled with extra bedding and pillows. Be prepared to stack personal items around the room on other horizontal surfaces.
There was a complimentary breakfast that featured hot and cold items along with juice and coffee. It was a good way to start the day. I stayed at the hotel during the later stages of the Black Forest fire and the hotel was obviously hosting many families displaced by the fire. Yet the staff kept the facility running smoothly and remained friendly.
Right next door is a Hooters and an Old Chicago restaurant. It's a short drive to the Chapel Hills Mall and all of the stores and restaurants surrounding the mall.
Overall, when traveling on a budget and looking for clean, well maintained place to rest, this Colorado Springs Microtel is a good place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colorado Springs only Best Western Plus. This BEST WESTERN PLUS Peak Vista Inn & Suites offers a complimentary hot breakfast and free wireless Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Peak Vista Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn And Suites
- Microtel Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Microtel
- Microtel Hotel Colorado Springs