“room change”

Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed July 3, 2013

2  Thank Dennis E
Matthew W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was really impressed with the room. It was the perfect size for the 3 of us (2 adults and 1 teenager). I will certainly stay here again and I will tell my friends to check you out for sure.

1  Thank TamiC586

2  Thank Lora S
Matthew W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eli M
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family including 2 dogs and 2 cats was evacuated from the Black Forest fire in June 2013. We called Microtel to see if we could get a room and if they would accept the menagerie we had with us. They not only accepted us but were very gracious and helpful throughout our very stressful one week stay. There were many other evacuees with pets staying at this hotel and it must have been very difficult for the housekeeping staff as well as the people at the front desk. Never once did I feel like we were unwanted, they were helpful and supportive in every way. There were many kindnesses done to us during this horrible time and many of them were from anonymous strangers who I am not able to thank. I am able to thank everyone at Microtel, you made our lives a little easier during this very difficult time. Our room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. The pillows were the best I have slept on. I usually bring my own because I am pretty particular. These were as good as the ones I have at home. I will consider Microtel my permanent place to stay when I am traveling in the future.

2  Thank mambomomma
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I arrived late on a Thursday night in November of 2012. We had a dog and were greeted by Annie at the desk. She not only confirmed the Microtel accepted dogs, she was able to provide a ground floor suite at a discount.
From our room we looked out on a mountain vista. Breath taking.
The rooms were clean and comfortable. I can't wait to go back through and stay again.

Room Tip: We couldn't have asked for more. Very convenient with the dog on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J T
Reviewed June 30, 2013

A nice hotel, and good value, and would normally give this a higher rating, but was bitten by a bed bug, which spoilt my stay.

Overall I would consider this hotel again, but would need to be certain that any similar problem did not happen again, and could not recommend it currently.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank RichW761

Dear RichW761,
Thank-you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am dissapointed to hear that you feel that you may have been bitten by a bug while you stayed with us. I am even more dissapointed that we were not informed of this during your stay. Here at the Microtel, we take our cleanliness very seriously. As with most hotels that make cleanliness a priority, we have local exterminating company come in every month to do random checks for any type of bugs or other pests as a preventative measure. Anytime a guest even thinks they may have any type of bug or pest in a room, we pay to have the company come out and inspect the room immediately and very thoroughly. We have never had any bugs or pests found in any of these cases. So, I can put your mind at ease and assure you that it could not have been a bed bug that you experienced. Thank-you for leaving us your valuable feedback!