“We stay at Wyndam Hotels on all of our trips across the...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Peak Vista Inn & Suites

BEST WESTERN PLUS Peak Vista Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Concord, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was expecting this to be a low budget so-so hotel. It wasn't. I was actually very impressed with the room. It was large, very clean and better priced than most hotels. The lobby seemed small and I didn't check out the continental breakfast but many people did. The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful.The hotel was well situated in proximity to the highway. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Craig, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Searching for a hotel that lives up to my high standards can be quite exhausting and I usually reserve and cancel often when I find something better, or hear something bad about where I made a reservation.
I had some nervous moments when pulling up to the Microtel, looked basic, rough parking lot and was dwarfed by the Hampton next door, holy cow, what have I gotten myself into now!!!
However, those nerves (which were caused by the harrowing drive on I-25) quickly calmed when Ashley at the front desk greeted us at the door. They lock the place down after 8 and you need a key card to get in. A plus already. With her courteous tone and great smile, we were checked in quickly, given a rundown of the place and pointed in the direction of our room. Once in the room I immediately noticed how clean it was, smelled good too. The layout is somewhat odd but tolerable. The TV is the old box type and is precariously perched in an alcove above the closet. The bench next to the window was nice to lounge in, get some fresh air (window actually opened) and watch some programming whilst sipping a frosty brew.
One weird, almost creepy thing though.....the mirrors. One wall, the one above the beds, was lined from headboard to ceiling, wall to other wall with mirrors. Could not help but wonder if there was someone watching us the whole time. The other thing was the pillows...felt like I was sleeping on a very full water balloon. Woke up stiff and sore the next day. Other than that, the room was fine, lots of storage space, full tub/shower, hair dryer, coffeemaker and FREE WIRELESS....yaaaaay, always a plus when I travel. A safe would be nice, but the car is just as good for valuables. Well lit parking too.
Now, here was the rub. As we were walking into the room, my daughter commented on the mechanical room next door. As I was tired and frazzled I thought nothing of it, until 4am when some generator kicked on. I first looked outside because I thought someone was camping outside my window. It was pretty loud, and after living a life on call, I have become a light sleeper. Needless to say, I did not sleep the rest of the night. In the morning before we headed out to the tournament, I stopped at the desk and told them my story. Without hesitation the lady (I am sorry i cannot remember her name but she had grey/white hair and glasses, very nice) went to work moving us to another room. We got one at the other end of the building and after a long day of tournaments, the sleep was uninterrupted.
Microtel is easily accessed from the freeway, has a Hooters across the lot, Outback Steakhouse and a Chicago Pizza all withing about 1 minutes of walking. A Circle K and Shell station are at the end of the block, about 3 minutes walking. They have a delicious looking breakfast bar, unfortunately we were in a hurry and did not get to enjoy it. For roughly $55 a night, you will not find anything better than this place.
If ever back in Colorado Springs I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I just ask when checking in...high floor, nice view. I always get it. Courtesy goes a long way. Stay...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cuttershelper
Hudson Falls
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Nice hotel happy with the service and price! Good location for restaurants and highway I would stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I spent two evenings here at the beginning of May. The room was clean, the bathroom was clean and the lobby was lovely. However, Hunter at the Front Desk was especially kind. He remembered us and asked about our adventures the next time he saw us. Being from Florida, the unexpected Spring snow really threw us for a loop! Colorado Springs was lovely and even though the hotel was not downtown, everything worth doing was less than 20 minutes away. I was recommend this hotel for the value and friendliness.

Room Tip: Although I did not have one, they have some rooms overlooking the mountains. If you do not get one...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JulieBee813
Matthew W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Peak Vista Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear JulieBee813,
Thank-you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to leave us a Tripadvisor review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I sincerely hope that we get to see you again the next time you are in Colorado Springs!