“great prize quality”

Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I think this hotel is great prize for the quality they offer. I would renovate the rooms a bit but otherwise I was happy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Matthew W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate the feedback you have given us and we strive to exceed your expectations. We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,574)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 17, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 17, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Matthew W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I live just a couple hours away from Colorado Springs, but was going to a dog trial in the area for the weekend and didn't want to be driving back and forth, especially since I needed to be at the trial with my dogs by 8 am each morning. I picked this hotel because it was very reasonably priced, had okay reviews, and was advertised as "pet friendly," plus a friend gave me a discount coupon.
I got away from home late, so didn't arrive at the hotel until after 11 pm, very tired. The front desk clerk, James, made me feel welcome and glad to be there with his, "Well, you're here now and you can relax and get some rest." He switched my room to a small suite when I asked if I could have a refrigerator in my room (for my dog's food), and even waived the pet fee, since that hadn't been mentioned on the web site when I made the reservation. I really appreciated the welcome--it was just what this tired driver needed.
The room was clean and well-stocked and the bed was comfortable. Drapes kept the light that always seems to be present outside a hotel out of the room, so sleeping was good.
Breakfast area was well-maintained and clean, and complimentary breakfast was fine. It was open at 6:30, even on the weekends, so I could take advantage of it and still get to my dog trial on time.
The grounds were well lit and I felt safe taking my dogs out at 11 pm and 6 the next morning.
There were several chain restaurants practically in the same parking lot as the hotel, so Outback takeout, eaten in the comfort of my room, was a perfect relaxing end of the day.
I didn't take advantage of it, but the pool and hot tub were open to adults until midnight, which would have been a nice way to relax at the end of a long day, if I hadn't needed to get up so early for the dog trial.
I was surprised to hear that the hotel had been built in the 80s--it had been recently redone and seemed almost new.
The only negative that I was aware of was that the room keys didn't seem to work on the back and side outside doors, but James warned me about this and I just always walked around to the front door when walking my dogs.
Overall, an excellent value, especially for a dog-friendly hotel. I'll be back, and next time, I'll bring my friends!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Nancy M

Thank-you for taking the time to leave a review for us on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate the feedback. We know that you have many lodging options when visiting the Springs, we are happy that you allowed us to serve you! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My only wish is that the quality of food items at breakfast would be better. Perhaps some hard boiled eggs and whole wheat items. I would also like the option of having some rooms with a fridge and microwave...other than that I love this motel....always clean and quiet.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Matthew W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank-you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. If you have any other suggestions on how we can improve or make your stay even better, please let us know! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will stay with us again in the future!