This hotel has some real pros going for it, but there are a few cons to go along as well.
The location is terrific! You're in a great area downtown. There are plenty of cafes, restaurants and bars to choose from (Taste of Jerusalem is very good). We came for the Pikes Peak Hillclimb and it was the ideal location when traveling to and from. Not far from interstate access. There are quite a few activities within walking distance. There's plenty of shopping centers within a short drive. Most of the ones we hit were south of the hotel. And Garden of the Gods is less than 10 minutes away.
The hotel is very palatial and clean. When you enter, you sense the oppulence, with an almost 'royal' feeling. Everything appears clean, tidy and welcoming and I don't remember seeing any areas of the hotel looking dirty (including the rooms). Most important are the beds, and these did not disappoint. I slept well every night of our stay! There were a wide variety of pillows to choose from too.
The pool is indoor, looking out towards Cheyanne Mountain and Pikes Peak. Couldn't ask for a better view. There is also a hot tub and an outdoor patio to enjoy. They have a nice exercise room as well, and my wife felt right at home. Overall it was quiet but my buddy stayed on a higher floor and he had some noisy neighbors. That's a crap shoot wherever you go.
Parking has got to be #1 here. There is self parking and valet, but you're paying either way. The self park garage was $17/day I believe but we never used it. There is quite a bit of street parking around the hotel but they're metered. Hours of operation are 9-6 Monday thru Friday. There are Saturday hours as well, though I don't recall what they were. Max time out front is 3 hours, and you're supposed to get 20 min for a quarter but it only gave us 15. A good tip that almost nobody knows about are the meters in back of the hotel. Check an 'L' shaped street called Antlers Place. The meters are 4 hour max. We were gone throughout the day and by the time we returned, we only had to feed the meter an hour or two, so it didn't make sense to park in the garage. If you don't leave the hotel, the garage may be a better option. On Antlers, the garage entrance is there and you can walk through to the hotel elevator. Just unload out front and pull behind after. In case you read another review mentioning free parking on Sahwatch St, don't bother. I checked. Same meters there. That street has a lot of break ins during the night so save yourself the headache.
Regarding the staff, they are obviously trained to sell you on the parking deck. Beyond that, they were fine.
This building is old, so expect some rough spots. Our air conditioner in the room was to adequately sized and it simply did not get cool. It remained a comfortable 75 degrees but it wouldn't get any cooler, despite the thermostat going to 60.
The elevator. Silly, I know. But I must've taken 4 rides on these things thought our stay. Entering at the lobby, I pressed 'down' to go to the garage and, instead, went to the very top floor where nobody was waiting. I hit another 5 floors before again returning to the lobby. A minor inconvenience at the most but it makes you wonder if some bored attendant is sitting in a room somewhere, playing some demented game. My wife thought I was nuts, but it just kept happening.
Overall, I would stay here again. We enjoyed our time and you're going to spend money wherever you go on vacation.
Finally, consider this your reward for reading the whole review. Go on Hotwire to reserve your hotel. I know it's a bit of a risk, but if you take a little time examining the "Location" and "Amenities" tabs on Hotwire, you can narrow it down. Plus, there are very few hotels in this area. We paid $54/night while others paid upwards of $160. This hotel has a LOT of rooms, so chances are pretty good you'll land it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Antlers, A Wyndham Hotel of Colorado Springs is located in the middle of trendy downtown Colorado Springs. The property features 245 guest rooms and 24 suites, all beautifully decorated and offering elegant touches and thoughtful amenities. Enjoy a real Colorado Springs dining experience with two on-site restaurants and bar lead by our award-winning executive chef. Room service is always ready and waiting any time you want to stay in and dine in private. The indoor heated pool feature panoramic views of the Rocky Mountains. You'll love working out in our fully equipped fitness center including a squat rack and state of the art equipment. Start planning your trip or special event today at the Antlers, A Wyndham Hotel. The 27,500 square feet of flexible meeting space make it the perfect Colorado Springs hotel to host your next event. No matter what the service the Antlers, A Wyndham Hotel strives to go above and beyond to ensure your stay or event is unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs Hotel Colorado Springs
- Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs
- Hilton Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Hilton