“Disappointing!”

The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
Ranked #19 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The building is very smart, and the staff were all very helpful & pleasant, but the room leaves a LOT to be desired. The bathroom is SO tiny, the door won't open, it hits the toilet when about 1/2 open! You have to close the door to move to do anything.

I don't sleep with the heat on, so I got the spare blanket down in case I needed it...I wouldn't even put it on the bed it was so disgusting....hair on it, and covered in specs & fluffy bobbles.

NOT AT ALL WHAT I EXPECT FROM A HILTON!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
AntlersHilton, General Manager at The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Your kind words regarding our staff are truly appreciated and we are happy they made such a positive impact on your experience here at Antler’s Hilton. We regret any inconvenience you may have experienced with your accommodations and with a variety of room types to choose from, we would have been happy to find an alternate based on availability. For any future stays, please do not hesitate to let us know how we can make your stay perfect. We will address any concerns quickly so that you can get back to enjoying your time here in Colorado Springs. It is our hope to welcome you back to renew your trust. Thank you.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was really surprised at how worn out this property is. Peeling paint, damaged ceiling in bathroom, black marks on duvet cover, broken lighted make-up mirror. Water all over floor when you shower. Bedding was good. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. $22 a day for valet parking. Right in the heart of downtown. I SURE wouldn't give this a 3 1/2 star rating! Maybe 2 1/2.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your appreciation for our location which is just one of our best features with shopping, restaurants and attractions located just steps from our door. Your feedback positive or otherwise, is greatly appreciated and we thank you for bringing these points to our attention. It is our hope that our guests will reach out to us with any concerns while they are here so we can address them right away. We want you to relax and feel pampered but unfortunately, it does not seem that we had the opportunity to do just that. We truly hope you have the chance to visit us again so we can show you our commitment to customer service and hospitality.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed at the Antlers Hilton in Colorado Springs a few weekends ago while in town visiting friends. I came in late in the evening and valeted my car since I was in a hurry to meet up with my friends. I left my Oakley sunglasses in the passenger seat not thinking of putting them away. When my car was brought to me the next morning it was cloudy so I didn't think to use my sunglasses because I didn't need them. The following day I realized that they were gone and searched my car, luggage, house and everywhere possible hoping that they weren't stolen from the valet. Eventually I realized that they were indeed stolen and I called the hotel hoping that they were in the hotel's lost and found. I was transferred to their head of security who was not there and I left a message. About a week later he called me back and took my information and said he was look in the lost and found and call me back. Another week went by before he called me back and told me that he was pushing my case up to corporate and that they would call by the week's end of the following Monday. Here it is the end of Wednesday and I have not heard anything so I am fed up and leaving my review here. I was told by the security specialist that on the back of the valet ticket that the hotel is not responsible for lost or stolen items left in the car when they are valeted. I guess it is my fault that I assumed when I give you the keys to my Camaro that you would keep it and its contents safe and when you charge me $25 you would not steal my $120+ dollar sunglasses and then give me the run around. One thing I can't stand are liars and thieves, although the Hilton did not lie to me but one of their employees did steal from me and they seem to care less. I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years and have attended two military balls there as well. I am going to share my experience with others so they do not make the same mistake as me. If you valet your vehicle make sure you lock up your valuable because more than likely they will be missing when your vehicle is returned to you. I also plan on sharing this experience with Ft. Carson's IG office as well so they can warn other battalion to have their military balls at other venues, such as The Crowne Plaza or the Doubletree.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LeonP417

Your loyalty to the Hilton Brand as well as the Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs is truly appreciated. When utilizing our valet parking service, there is no guarantee for valuables left in a vehicle however, I am happy we were able to reach out to you multiple times to discuss this matter and alleviate any concerns with the way your situation was handled. It is our hope that you will continue to enjoy visits to our hotel and we appreciate your patience. Thank you.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Mixed up my room. Breakfast not included. After paying for the buffet I expected something special but it wasn't. $17 parking. The kids had fun at the saltwater pool. Should have stayed at the embassy.

• Stayed: April 2013

While relaxing at our heated indoor saline pool, guests can enjoy the breathtaking views of the Rocky Mountains and I am thrilled your children were able to have a great time there. We thank you for your patience while we worked to ensure your room was as you expected. We look to provide a broad range of breakfast choices to delight any palate from an a la carte menu to our full buffet that includes fresh fruits, cereals, yogurts, fresh baked breakfast breads, hot items and made-to-order eggs and omelettes to name just a few. If there is anything that would have created a more memorable dining experience , we hope you’ll let us know. Thank you for sharing your perspective and we hope you have the chance to visit us again.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel used to be a lot more elegant in every way. After my recent experience I understand how it has slipped. I had to call three times in order to make a reservation for Easter Brunch.
I was informed that I could only call between the hours of 6A and 11A! I left word via voicemail for the Operations Director who never returned my call. The lack of management became clear several times during this process. When i called during the designated times to update the reservation, I reached someone who seemed sincerely sorry that I had experienced this. Nonetheless, even after being called two nights before the event to confirm my reservation ( they had the wrong information), when we arrived, the reservation number was still incorrrect.
The menu for brunch was acceptable and offered enough choices for me: mutliple carved meat choices, salmon, salad, vegetables plus a shellfish station which pleased a lot of people. The desserts were rather limited in terms of choice and quality: some cakes, a chocolate dipping station but no cookies or true pastries. Yes, there were cupcakes. More service at the dessert station would have been a plus since cakes were diffcult to self-serve. Table service was okay . The free underground parking is a plus since the weather can be iffy here. I have informed people of the gaps in consistency and hope that the situation improves. It is sad to have to be diligent in order to get a simple reservation at a 3-star property.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

We’re delighted you joined us for Easter Brunch, but it is truly disheartening to learn of your experiences while booking reservations. Thank you for bringing these points to my attention, I will follow up with my team to determine what may have happened as well as share your suggestions. Feedback like yours helps us to continually improve our services for our guests and we’re grateful for the time you’ve taken to tell us your story and for sharing your perspective. It would be our hope to welcome you back so that we may have another chance to win you over completely at the Antlers Hilton.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The staff was very nice and the location is great if you want to stay downtown BUT you get billed for parking, even on the weekend. We left the hotel early Saturday and Sunday morning to go sight seeing and there was no attendant in the parking garage. We came back later in the day and there was still no attendant. So the garage appeared have free parking for the weekend. When I checked out of the hotel the HOTEL charged us for the weekend parking. I inquired about it and they said they have to charge me parking because of the contract they have with the owners of the parking garage. So the contract that Hilton has with the parking garage owner makes YOU pay for FREE parking? Sounds like Hilton needs to renegotiate that contract. One would think that Hilton would negotiate free parking for their guest for every day of the week!! I have no issue with paying for the parking during the week.

You have to PAY FOR WIFI? I have stayed in less expensive hotels (but just as nice) that had free wifi, free parking AND free breakfast.

I will not stay at this hotel again when we return this summer. I am very disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

When choosing to stay at the Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs, all of our policies are all outlined on our website including any charges a guest may incur while visiting. We couldn’t be more disappointed that there was any misunderstanding with the parking fee and we will look into this further. For your trip to Colorado Springs this summer, we offer a Business Made Easy package, which includes parking, in-room internet access and our breakfast buffet that just might fit the bill for you. This package can be enjoyed through the end of the year with complete details available on our website. It is our hope to welcome you back to experience what we feel are the highlights of staying in a downtown location - world class restaurants, shopping, parks, attractions and so much more. Thank you.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a great historic hotel. The art in the rooms are real photographs of the hotel and surrounding areas, not some cheesy wall art you normally see in hotels. The shower head was awesome- and nicely curved for taller people. It felt like I was standing under a hot springs waterfall, ahhh. I am still sitting in this cloud like bed writing this, the bedding is very nice, and plenty of awesome fluffy pillows (feather I believe, very nice!). Nice pool area and work out room facing the mountains, and great hot tub.The staff was very friendly and room service was prompt and delivered on a wheeled cart. Drinks were in glasses, not plastic cups with lids. Everything was top of the line, and clean. The drain pipes under the bathroom sink didn't even have dust on them lol. Everything was clean- I did not see one piece of trash or cigarette butt laying on the ground anywhere,.. immaculate! For families with kids, the pool is nice, although you may think it is small, it is, BUT it is the perfect size for kids, and the entire pool is a consistent 3'6" all the way around, so it is really safe.
My only requests- is that the rooms have a mini fridge for takeout/leftovers. And, I know the hotel was not full so I'm not sure why we weren't placed on the west side for the mountain view ? I would think with such an awesome location, those rooms should be filled first, so I missed out on that, but I live in CO, so I do get to see them everyday anyway :P. Pricing for parking is a bit high, but I suppose it is worth it for the hotel to maintain the quality of service and the upkeep of the building.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
AntlersHilton, General Manager at The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

We are delighted that you had the opportunity to share your experiences with us. We can't thank you enough for your kind comments and we are happy to learn you were able to take advantage of so many of our amenities during your stay. We hope to share our history with our guests through our pictures and we are delighted you were able to enjoy them. Your detailed feedback is truly appreciated. When staying at the Antlers Hilton, our Suites include a refrigerator, otherwise our guests can request one. Additionally, should you have certain room location requests, please do not hesitate to make us aware of your preferences so we can work together to ensure your overall experience is a positive one. Thank you and we hope you have the chance to visit us again soon.