“Hooked by the Hilton name”

The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
Ranked #18 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Hooked by the Hilton name”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Decided to stay here on a 2 day business trip due to the Hilton name and what I had learned to expect from a Hilton stay. This hotel did not give me that typical feel and comfort of the Hilton name. I do not know what the town offers in lodging so this may be A list. However, here is my take to help you decide.
Pro: 1. Good location in town with ample taxi availability. 2. Coffee service in lobby available at 5:30am. 3. Breakfast available in restaurant at 6am and dinner served to at least 10 pm. 3. Reasonable climate control in room. 4. Clean room.
Con: 1. Average overall appearance 2. 3 light bulbs out in my room when checked in and not changed with cleaning 3. Very small bath with fair water pressure (but did have hot water).

Don't go expecting a Hilton experience and you'll be satisfied.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
AntlersHilton, General Manager at The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
It is disappointing to learn your entire stay was not as you expected. Our convenient downtown Colorado Springs location makes it easy to explore the area shops and restaurants. We will have the housekeeping team look into your comments regarding the light bulbs and address as necessary. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to enjoy our hotel from a renewed perspective.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

The Antlers is a fine downtown hotel and it was convenient to where I needed to be. My room was clean and had a beautiful view of the mountains. I missed the suburban hotels where the Internet and the parking is free. Colorado Springs is not such a big city that $17 per day parking is justified. And I'm always amazed that there are still hotels that charge for internet ($10/day). The room service was delicious as was the food in Judge Baldwin's restaurant.

The housekeeper forgot my room one day but the staff was gracious when I called and got someone right up to my room with fresh towels. They would have cleaned it right then (6 pm) but I didn't want to bother.

The staff was always pleasant. Excellent workout facility (although it was a bit too warm). I will be staying there again this week and am looking forward to it.

Room Tip: I was right by the elevator and the vending machines and I never heard a thing. Of course, ask for...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
It is wonderful to learn you were able to enjoy the downtown location of the Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs as well as the variety of amenities we offer. We appreciate your patience while we addressed your concerns with housekeeping and regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Kailua, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

The Antlers is a Hilton Hotel so you expect quality. I did not find quality at this Hilton. The room I was assigned was small, next to the elevators and dirty. The bathroom shower floor was stained. The lights on the dressing counter were burnt out. The shower head was loose and looked like it could fall off at any time. I did tell the front desk and they moved me to another room. Room service selection was poor and when I called room service about ordering an item not on the menu - Cobb salad, I was told they were too busy to put together a special order. So I walked across the street and ordered from Phantom Canyons menu and brought it back to my room. The restaurant at breakfast was uncomfortably hot and the meeting rooms for our event were really cold. I don't think I will be back anytime soon.

• Stayed October 2012
It is disheartening to read a review such as yours as this is not the experience we expect to deliver our guests. We will have the maintenance team look into your concerns with the bathroom and appreciate your patience while we worked to move you to an alternate room. Feedback such as yours helps us to improve in our services to our customers and we appreciate you bringing them to our attention. Thank you for sharing your perspective with us and we hope to welcome you back.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights. We were greeted by a beautiful and huge reception. We were just looking around town and thought this place would be way too expensive. We were given a rate around 130 and thought this was great. Staff are very helpful and typically polite. Our room was on 4th floor, a standard King. I was surprised to see an LCD TV. a first for us in US so far. I was also surprised that their was no fridge. I know this that most US hotels don't have them but Antlers, well I thought it sounded like it would be better. Ice machine was close by though. The bed was comfortable.
One thing that we found most uncomfortable was the temperature of the whole hotel. Why the heck does the rear lift access to the elevator have to be 85F. Unbearably hot with two space heaters burning off at a tremendous rate. The room was just as hot. I opened the tiny window and cranked up the AC. it was noisy and would not be necessary this time of year as the outside temp goes down to 30F. I slept with no sheets and a thumping headache. There was nothing we could do to reduce the temp to a comfortable level. No I did not complain to staff as I am sure they could not do anything about it as the whole. Yielding is like that. I believe it is a US thing. Most stores cafe's restaurants etc are all set to "very toasty".

The shower was also amazing. Being one of those taps that control temp only. So the only control is temp not pressure. The shower over bath was filling up due to the amazing water pressure. I felt guilty using so much water in a state that has water restrictions! Yet there is a sign in the bathroom requesting guests to reuse towels to help save the environment.
I find the whole "take care of our planet" thing utter hypocrisy. It is disgraceful that this and so many other US businesses are so wasteful of energy. And this hotel is pumping the planet dry of water and hearing energy. I can only imagine the enormous profit potential if the Antlers just turned down the heat and changed over the shower taps and outlets.

I know as a visitor to US, it is different in other countries, but we live on the same planet. Australia has a "green star" system for environmentally aware hotels and motels. In AUS, the EPA would shut down properties that waste so much energy. And besides that, some guests don't need to be roasted during their stay.

That issue aside, we enjoyed our stay. It is a beautiful hotel, free parking, huge building with elegant function rooms, stunning hallways, a free Internet lounge, great restaurants, located in the centre of town.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AntlersHilton, General Manager at The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
It is wonderful that you were able to enjoy so much during your stay at the Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs and found your overall experience to be great! Thank you for making us aware of your concerns with the heating and air conditioning. Our engineering team worked to adjust the heating/air conditioning earlier that morning to provide a comfortable temperature throughout the hotel. We were not aware of any reports afterwards from our guests' that further adjustment may have been needed and we do regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. It is our hope that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay and should any issues arise, we look to address them immediately and get you back to enjoying your time with us. For any future stays, please to not hesitate to reach out to us. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon to enjoy our hotel from a renewed perspective. Thank you.
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Ok, it's not cheap but a great example of a management & staff who are on the ball. The valet parking & luggage service was quick, very friendly & efficient, especially the young man who did a great try at an English accent, just to make us feel at home. The breakfast was sumptious & the service was attentive & organised even at the times we arrived - just before closing, when some hotel staff can be less than enthusiastic. We had a slight problem in an otherwise great room & we mentioned this in passing as we left. The excellent reception staff immediately took action to apologise & rectify, it made me feel valued as a customer. This is a well trained and competent team.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
AntlersHilton, General Manager at The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
We can't thank you enough for your kind words regarding your stay as this is the experience we strive to deliver to all of our guests. Your kind comments will be shared with the team. We are thrilled you enjoyed your breakfast at Antlers Grille and hope you have the opportunity to dine in our pub, Judge Baldwin's, the next time you are here. While your overall experience was positive, we regret any inconvenience you may have experienced and we appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Thank you and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs again soon.
Elkridge, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Had a city view on the 4th floor but would ask next time for a mountain view. The room was fine, had a large bathroom. Perfect location if you are working in downtown Colorado Springs and an easy walk to restaurants. Decent gym, although did have problems getting a treadmill with sound that worked. The indoor pool was a pleasant surprise. Very friendly helpful front desk staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Whether you are here for business or pleasure, the Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs offers something for everyone. Our central location makes it easy to explore the downtown area and we are delighted you found it worked well for your stay. It is wonderful to learn you were able to experience so much while here and we appreciate the time you took to share your experiences. We are currently in the process of addressing concerns with our treadmills and we regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. Thank you and we look forward to your next stay.
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel is located right in downtown Colorado Springs. It is a great location within walking distance of all the bars and restaurants. The hotel itself is slightly outdated - at least the rooms. We were in a queen room with a view of the mountains. The bathroom was in serious need of an update. Our shower was so small that I could barely fit (I am only 5'3) and my husband who is 6'0 could really barely fit. The bathrooms need to be gutted and redone. Also, the doors and walls are very thin so we could hear noise from the hallways and from surrounding rooms. The lobby area is nice, there is a breakfast restaurant there but we did not try it. I would rate this hotel as average - we got the government rate of $89 a night so it was a good deal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
AntlersHilton, General Manager at The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us. With a location in the heart of downtown Colorado Springs, we are delighted you were able to enjoy the convenience of walking to area restaurants and bars. For future stays, it is our hope you have the opportunity to enjoy a meal in one of our on-site restaurants like Antlers Grille, or our popular brew pub Judge Baldwin’s. Our guest’s comfort is our top priority and we truly regret that we didn’t have the opportunity to address your concerns when it would have mattered most. We appreciate your feedback and will review your comments further with our team. It would be great to welcome you back to the Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Gr...
#5 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,835 reviews
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,048 reviews
Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs
Staybridge Suites Colorado Sprin...
#9 of 105 in Colorado Springs
BEST WESTERN PLUS Peak Vista Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Peak Vista Inn...
#6 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,201 reviews
HYATT house Colorado Springs
HYATT house Colorado Springs
#11 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs

Been to The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel? Share your experiences!