“Meh...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Denver, CO
“Meh...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

I stayed at the Antlers Hilton as an overflow hotel for a conference at the Broadmoor. I haven't stayed at a Hilton for a while (Starwood and Hyatt typically), and this did not impress me much. The hotel looks exactly how I'm sure it looked in 1987. The rooms were clean but bland. The hallways look like a hospital, but I guess we don't spend much time in hallways. Parking in the underground lot is fairly expensive. Very boring standard hotel.

When I checked in I had to wait for a few minutes as the assistant front desk manager had to literally go upstairs and check if my room was ready. It was 5pm. The desk clerk was delighted to tell me "Looks like your room is ready!" really? At 5pm? It better be.

Oh, one more minor thing. The room coffee service was all decaf. If I'm going to drink crappy coffee made in my own room, it better have some caffeine.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 Thank mlbdenver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Avon, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

Upon arrival we were ignored by the valet who was too busy attending to a military bigwig. At the Front Desk we overheard chitchat about bedbugs? Young man was pleasant enough but girl with glasses was rude and barely audible. Ate in the pub bar, food was greasy, we had fish and chips special. When we commented about the food, our server said OH YEAH, we get that all the time! Next morning when we asked for sundry items from Hskpg, Reva was very polite, delivered items herself at 6:30am and then helped us with the tv and got us another luggage rack. She even used our names, what a surprise. Not sure if we would ever return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank jennycolorado
Lynn Haven
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

I grew up in Colorado Springs, now I won't say exactly but at least 50 yeasrs have gone by. I was truly amazed to see how well the Antles has held up. I had no problems with the staff, in fact I found them freindly and helpfull. I had a view of the city and Memorial Park, and was able to watch the balloons take off! I would tell anyone to stay here. My husband is a Hilton Honors member also and they were very generous to him. Treat yourself and stay here!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank stefday
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

I'll start with the good- property is in a good location if you need to be downtown. The building is in good condition. Some of the staff were very friendly and helpful.
It feels like there's more bad than good though. Parking is a little ridiculous. The lot under the building is $15 a night, or $22 to valet. I'm sorry, this hardly seems like a bustling metropolis where parking is this much of a premium. It felt like a big rip off. Then there was our room arrangement. We were traveling with our extended family and were told we would all be on the same floor. But of course, that wasn't happening when we got it. Something about they didn't have enough sheets for the beds yet?!? (This was at 6 pm) Then they said they would bring a crib to the room for my sister's baby, but later admitted they didn't have one. Interestingly when my brother in law threw a fit, a pack n play showed up... We were told they would bring a fridge to the room but that never showed up. Are you sensing a pattern here? W ate breakfast at the restaurant the next day- let's just say if you didn't get the buffet, you weren't going to get service in a hurry. The food was just okay and the omelet/waffle station took FOREVER. In all, for what we paid, it was hardly anything special. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

I am an extremely loyal customer to the Hilton properties and a member of Hilton Honors (anyone can join). This property is lovely and the downtown location is perfect. My complaint, and it applies to all 'Hilton' hotels vice most of the other Hilton properties (such as Homewood Suites) is that there is no complimentary breakfast. Really??? I asked because one of my traveling companions was getting a free breakfast. It turns out that he is 'Gold' status and I'm only 'Silver', so no breakfast for me. But, the receptionist then smiled and said that they were running a 'special promotion' and gave me a coupon after all - for the Continental breakfast. Fine with me, but still stingy, really. And when I had breakfast, I was told adamantly by both the hostess and my waitress that my meal was the Continental only! So, thanks to the receptionist for my coupons, but boos to Hilton for this policy.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Friendly staff, nice room, very good location. No negatives that had appeared in previous reviews.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank drj17011
Sonoma, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is a first class hotel in downtown Colorado Springs, one block from all the restaurants and shops of Tejon Street. There is nothing particularly unique about this Hilton, but everything is beautifully decorated and maintained, and service is excellent.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Gr...
#5 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,818 reviews
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,032 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Peak Vista Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Peak Vista Inn...
#6 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,151 reviews
Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs
Staybridge Suites Colorado Sprin...
#9 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Color...
#14 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,078 reviews

Been to The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel? Share your experiences!