All reviews ten commandments free breakfast full size fridge washers and dryers stove top room was clean long term stay the breakfast area decent breakfast desk person would stay here again waffles academy blvd sized bed north side the staff was friendly and helpful very nice hotel
Reviewed July 10, 2018

The staff was friendly and helpful with a nice breakfast. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. The kitchen was well stocked and useful for our stay and was perfect for what we needed. Thanks!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Trevor D, Director of Sales at MCM Elegante Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2018

Thank you for the 5-star rating and review Stephanie!

Reviewed July 8, 2018

Check in was quick and easy. Friendly staff at the front desk. We received a room upgrade, which was nice after a week of camping. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel is in what appears to be a nice area, close to restaurants and shopping. We felt safe there.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for the 4-star rating and review!

Reviewed July 7, 2018

Before I review the MCM Elegante, Academy Blvd, Colorado Springs, I want to mention the large, marble slab with the 10 Commandments engraved on it that stands at the front entrance of the hotel. It is there. It was unexpected. That being said, the hotel staff are all amazing, accommodating, and consistently cheerful and polite. The hotel itself is a bit dated, but kept very clean. I stayed with my husband for one week, from June 29 through July 5. The WiFi is ok, I did had trouble accessing it on one day of my stay.
Positioned right next to the central elevator is a vending machine; this seemed to make the area a bit cramped and unusually warm, so I usually took the stairs as the stairwells seemed much cooler. On the plus side, the air conditioning in the room worked very well – and a few of the days we were there were quite hot, so this was much appreciated. Our room had a full bed, a recliner, table and two chairs, a foldout couch, and a kitchenette with a stovetop and a full sized refrigerator. The table and chairs were positioned right next to the AC fan, but it was easy to push the table away to avoid freezing while sitting at the table.
We did try the hot hotel breakfast on two mornings. It was the usual hotel waffles and cereal with hot scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and tortillas. I looked for toppings, like cheese, salsa etc.…, and also looked for raisins or other toppings for my cereal, but did not see any available toppings or condiments. There was a small glass door refrigerator with a single gallon of 2% milk for the cereal and a can of whipped cream for the waffles and nothing else. There were bananas and fresh strawberries both mornings. The to-go coffee cups offered in the room as well as at the breakfast made the coffee taste a little off, but when we brought our mugs down from our room, the coffee was fine.
I did take advantage of the complimentary laundry facilities, although I initially had trouble figuring out how to operate the dryers. After searching for instructions on the dryers, I just randomly pressed buttons until the dryer started. My husband used the hotel gym which is typical of hotels in this price category. His only complaint was a large family with young teens who were using the gym at the same time.
As far as the room was concerned, it was nice having a full refrigerator with an icemaker in the room. We also had a 4-cup coffee maker. The hotel provided coffee pouches for a 4-cup brew; however, we found this coffee to be much too weak and a little too light of a roast, so we doubled up on the bags. There is a Whole Foods nearby and a Sprouts grocer within walking distance if you want to stock your refrigerator. The bed was comfortable, and the toiletries were Bath and BodyWorks. The closet in the room was quite large. The hotel was quiet for the most part. A few times we heard the people upstairs apparently stomping around in the room above, but overall it was quite peaceful. All in all, it was a nice stay.

Date of stay: July 2018

Thank you for your 4-star rating and review Marta! We read your comments and have decided to make some updates on the rooms and in other service areas of the hotel. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed June 5, 2018

I was just about to upgrade the wi-fi but thought about reviews. Wow! Thanks everyone for the truth. It is HORRIBLE!!!!
The phone to the front desk didn’t work, they sent someone up who rather than getting a new phone cord (plug in broke) he jammed it into the phone jack. No words for that.
Coffee maker did not work. Found out the pot was too short so it didn’t activate the dripper. Got a different one.
Booked the room for four people and only had three towels. Had to get another. When the room was serviced they only left three towels. Had to get another.
They do not have enough on-grounds parking. People parking on the road.
Needed a chocolate fix so I went down to the vending machine in the lobby area and purchased a Milky Way(C-10) Almost broke my teeth. Money back tried another Milky Way(C2). I should have learned. Desk person opened a box of candy bars behind the counter. Settled for a Hershey’s Almond.
Bacon Not crispy!!!!!!
Not sure if I said this, bacon NOT CRISPY. I must have looked like a schmuck with all the bacon I needed to get some meat. Peeled off all chewy fat ate meat.
Unsure what to say about the 6-7 foot tall slab of the Ten Commandments at the main entry.
The building is set on a granite outcropping that couldn’t be leveled. Hallways are slanted up and down, considerably. Interesting yet not the best for my wife’s mom who has Parkinson’s and walks with a limp.
The desk staff is very accommodating and friendly.
NOTE: If going to eat at KFC/A&W on Colorado Ave in Manitou ask if they have any ice cream, hot dogs or frosted mugs. They were waiting on the truck. My mother-in-law noticed the time on the nice looking A&W clock was off. My wife said it’s coming on the truck.
Thought you should know.
I guess best to just not go.
Still have Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning for more experiences.
Don’t think I’ll comment again......wellll I guess that depends.....
Thank God THC is legal in Colorado. Gummies, yum.
I think they just cut off my Wi-fi.

Room tip: I only stayed in one room so I really can’t comment on others. Duh!!
Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you taking the time to comment on our hotel and we are currently in the process of updating both the amount of bandwidth in the hotel and also the access points in the hotel for the WIFI. We have also found a better way to make the bacon crispier, as well as gone with a 3rd party company for the vending machines. Thank you again for all of the suggestions and I hope we get a chance to show you in the future all of the changes we are making. Thank you!

Reviewed May 17, 2018

This was our least favorite property in a one month trip around the southwest. Caters to a lot of long stay guests. This is a "no frills" hotel. Room attendants do not pay attention to detail and always seemed to forget something. I spilled some liquid on the bathroom floor and when I wiped it up with a paper towel, the towel was very dirty and it made me realize how dirty the floor actually was.
The highlight of our stay had to be the breakfast lady. She was always cheerful and did a great job.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank T S

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and letting us know what we could have done better. We definitely read all reviews and learn to from them. We hope we get another shot at providing you a 4-5 star stay in the future!