After staying in a small hotel room in Denver, the Hyatt House in Colorado Springs was a delight. The rooms are very big and feels more like a small apartment than a hotel room.
We had a king 1 bedroom suite. The bed was very comfortable and there is a tv in this room as well as the living room area. The bathroom was large, sink was on outside of toilet and tub area w/ enough counter space to place your toiletries, etc.
There was a large closet w/ plenty of hangers, an ironing board and iron...w/ an iron that actually worked!
The kitchen has a full size fridge, full size microwave and a two burner range top. All the plates, bowls, glasses, pots and pans and utensils you would need are provided. PLUS a full size toaster and a coffee pot.
Living area had a nice sectional, additional chairs, side tables and a large flat screen.
They do provide breakfast foods...which we didn't partake in as we found a great café just up the street for breakfast and/or lunch. (New Day Café...try their lattes). They also offer a light dinner snack...which again we didn't partake in for two reasons...some days the food was not to our liking and also because if you didn't get there right when they opened...offerings were slim at best. They also offered wine and beer during the meal times.
Only complaint was the air conditioner was loud and never cooled the room down completely. But it wasn't so bad an issue that we complained nor would it keep us from staying or recommending this place to anyone going to Colorado Springs.
This is not a new facility nor the most up to date place...but it is not old and it's a huge value for the size of the room and all that comes w/ the room. There is also an outside pool area and a work out room...neither of which we used but we did notice how nice they were. I would recommend this place to anyone I know and unless you're looking for very fancy w/ room service, etc...the Hyatt House is terrific.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located just off I-25, Hyatt House(R) Colorado Springs provides comfortable, refreshing residential-style suites. Each living area features a full kitchen, separate living and lounging areas, and modern bathrooms, allowing you to splurge in the luxe and contemporary amenities of home. Our pet-friendly suites provide everything that the modern traveler needs for a relaxing stay. The HYATT house Colorado Springs is the perfect choice for an extended stay or just an overnight trip. Enjoy our comfortable Hyatt Grand Beds, 32" flatt-screen TVs, and complimentary high-speed Internet access. After a long day exploring the city, head back and relax in our heated seasonal outdoor pool while relishing in the breathtaking views of the nearby landscape. Afterward, you can head to our complimentary Evening Social Monday through Thursday to meet with other hotel guests over cocktails and snacks. You'll also find a 24-hour Fitness Center, Business Center, and 24-hour Guest Market designed with your comfort and convenience in mind. Our hotel's location provides easy access to many government installations including the United States Air Force Academy, Peterson Air Force Base, and Ft. Carson Army Base. If you're looking to shop, nearby Chapel Hills Mall and Promenade Shops at Briargate can accommodate your every need. Pikes Peak and the world famous Cog Railway are in the vicinity of our Colorado Springs hotel, along with the U.S. Olympic Training Center and Garden of the Gods Park. If you're here on a college visit, our all-suites hotel is also near the University of Colorado Springs and other area universities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity and Hyatt Hotels Corporation so you can book your HYATT house Colorado Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt House Colorado Springs Hotel Colorado Springs
- Hyatt Colorado Springs
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites
- Colorado Springs Summerfield Suites
- Colorado Springs Hyatt