“The Wedding” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado Springs, United States
“The Wedding”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Overall the hotel was clean, breakfast was great and the staff was very accommodating. The room was too small and bathroom clearly was too small as was the storage for clothes and no places to hang items (hooks)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HYATThouseGM, General Manager at HYATT house Colorado Springs, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for posting a review of the HYATT house colorado springs.

We are glad that your family chose our property as your home away from home for the wedding you were attending. I apologize that the room size was not up to your expectations during your visit. Our property does offer multiple room types for those needing more space. If you are ever in Colorado Spring again please let us know and we will do everything we can to block you into one of our bigger rooms.

Nick Kelley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Hutchinson, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Our 3 night stay was excellent. The staff was wonderful, friendly and helpful. The price was very good--better than we expected. We will recommend this place to others, and we will stay there again while in Colorado Springs, CO.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Excellent Hotel and stay.Food is perfect.Good ambiance.The service was also perfect.The Breakfast was good and had variety,seems to get over early.The room isolation is not that good,lot of disturbances from other rooms.
Altogether the stay was fine and a rating of 4 out of 5

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
leesville, la
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We booked a package deal through Expedia that included flight, hotel, and car. Hyatt House was the hotel included in the package. We stayed in a King One Bedroom Suite and it was very spacious and clean! There is a full kitchen , L shaped sofa sleeper and desk in the sitting room with a flat screen tv equipped with a dvd player and game controls, the bedroom had double doors separating it from the sitting room--The king bed was nice and comfy with another flat screen tv in this room--the bathroom had a closet and drawers and separate shower area--The staff were extra nice and the room was cleaned everyday! We stayed here for a total of four nights and there was something different available for breakfast everyday--It varied from ham, french toast, waffles, bacon, sausage, biscuits--of course there was fruit cereal, yogurt, and pastries everyday. I would definitely stay here again. We stayed on the mountain side and had amazing views every morning.

Room Tip: Ask for the "mountain SIde"
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cajuntravelers2007
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel for price. Rooms are clean and well kept. Large couch. Full fridge and kitchenette. Staff friendly. Great breakfast. Something different every day. Nice social hour in evenings with free drink. Stayed for six nights

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank db4r62
Netarts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I basically agree with Kristallite4's review. except I thought the breakfast was great and so much variety. I did have one egg dish malfunction during my three day stay,but after that I enjoyed the scrambled eggs. And they had Starbucks coffee. I too had a King studio on the second floor facing the west. Room 237. It also has a toaster and dishes,silverware,stovetop,little coffeetable and the couch is more like a sectional,which was really cool. I was pretty close to the exit door but I never heard it open or close and I never heard my fellow lodgers on either side of me. There is a third floor so I did hear some walking around but nothing crazy like stomping on jumping around. I had a rental car also and found parking right outside my window very comforting since I passed on the insurance part. I had some snafs but the frontdesk took care of it right away. Shout out to Eric who would personally assist me and was very nice! At first I thought the bed might be a little hard but I slept very well and I suffer from insomnia. Everyone seemed to really enjoy the social evening food and drink events. They have 2 types of beer and the usual sodas on tap! They also serve wine. It is from 5:30 until 7:00. Its best to get there as early as possible cause the food goes quick. I missed out on a couple of eats cause I got back to the hotel at about 6:30. But there was always something that I could take back to my room. There is a Shell station/minimart in walking distance and supermarkets near bye to store food in your large fridge and cook right in your room. Big screen tv in my room that swivels so you can watch it from the couch or lay in bed. I rented a dvd and had a little difficulty trying to figure out the remote ect. ect. but Eric was right there to help me. If you put your sign on your door for no housekeeping they leave you alone but are always willingly to give you what you need like extra shampoo ect. ect. Which I didn't really care for. I really didn't like the soap so I purchased some travels size items to get me bye. The area is great. So close to I-25 and Garden of the Gods or Woodmen are close by too. Well equipped exercise room but gets pretty stuffy. They need to put in a couple of portable fans. Even tho the pool was outside people and kids seemed to really enjoy it. Well,that's about it. My three night stay cost $224.00. I booked it thru Travelocity so I didn't get any reward Hyatt member reward points since it was a third party booking. It was cheaper going thru Travelocity but they have a good points system so I might book directly with next time. And there will be a next time. I travel to the Springs 2 to 3 times a year. This was one of the best choices I made so far. I usually go by price first then read reviews and decide after that. I use to live here so i know the area pretty well. This is a good area.Well,I hope that helps my fellow Trippers!

Room Tip: The westside faces the mountains the eastside are near bye railroad tracks and Mark Dabling hwy is r...
Green Features: I practice environmental stays,so I can appreciate their approach.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Stephanie B
Georgia Coast, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We could see the hotel but there was no signage from the main road that easily led us to the place. New apartment construction near-by added to the confusion. Beyond that initial hiccup, the stay was great. The rooms are very clean and spacious. Our king bed was comfortable, as were the pillows. The complimentary breakfast was well-prepared. We particularly enjoyed the fresh fruit salad and the coffee. Overall a very good stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends