“Great Service”

HYATT house Colorado Springs
Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Stayed this past weekend. Read about the noise from the train and requested a room away from the tracks. Room was very quiet and never heard a thing. We checked in and the young lady was GREAT. Good hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 29, 2011

I am a Hyatt Gold member and I had asked for a suite not on the ground floor and away from the railroad tracks.. I prepaid for the suite several weeks in advance of my arrival.

.When I arrived they tried to give me a room on the ground floor and close to the railroad tracks...I asked why they had not reserved the room I requested and they said nothing was available.. I told them that I prepaid and am Gold....To no avail...I had to leave to my disgust and seek other accommodations.. The room they wanted to give me was a Studio.And not too clean..Not the suite I had prepaid for and requested

.Fortunately they refunded my prepayment... DONT STAY THERE...THEY ARE NOT ACCOMODATING

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank HappyTraveller096
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We had a fantastic room. Full kitchen and everything you need to use it. Room was very clean and up to date. Free hot breakfast everyday, with lots to choose from. Free hot meal every evening, enough to feed the kids for dinner. Great pool, hot tub and work out room. Great location, right off the highway. Close to everything, Garden of the Gods, Manito Springs, Colorado Springs, shopping and much more. Managed well, everyone was nice and helpful. Reasonable price. Will stay there again. Loved it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Yes this hotel is near the railroad tracks and the highway. Having said that My room on the first floor was so quite It wasn't until the third night here that I even heard the train in my room (I was three rooms away from the tracks) . Keep the blower on during the night and you will not hear the train.

The evening socials and complimentary breakfasts were very well done. During my week plus long stay both were well attended and the staff was able to keep up with no issues.

The sectional couch in my room was a nice feature, and allowed foor some great relaxing after a long day of work. The room had a nice size flat screen and DVD player, full size fridge, microwave, dishwasher, and cooktop. I was very pleased with the accommodations and the helpful staff!

Plus the free high-speed internet allowed for easy movie streaming!

Room Tip: Call ahead and request a room opposite the train tracks. There was a line for the food at the socia...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for three nights with our two young children (1 and 3). This was perfect for us. Our suite had a king size bed and a pullout couch. It also had a full size kitchen which we could not have survived without. We brought food for dinner every night, a couple of gallons of milk for the kids, etc. There is a grill by the pool, and we grilled steaks and chicken for dinners. We would eat breakfast and dinner in our suite, and then would pack a lunch for our days out. We visited the Cheyenne zoo and Santa's Workshop. It was so nice to come back to a nice hotel each evening and relax and have dinner. There were two tvs - one in the living room and one in the bedroom, so the kids were able to watch kid shows in one room, and my husband could watch the news in the bedroom. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2011

My business companions and I have stayed here 3 times now and I keep finding reasons to come back when we are in town for business. Great location near some very good restaurants and very quiet surroundings. The staff is very Hyatt meaning they are top notch and helpful to a fault. The place is impeccably clean. Received a diamond upgrade room overlooking the outdoor pool/courtyard area, very peaceful. Exercise room was clean and overlooks the pool/courtyard ground floor. The evening reception was well stocked and tasty especially the Fat Tire beer on draft! This property is becoming one of my favorites.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my son and husband. very clean, staff amazingly friendly and helpful. Space was nice. pool and jacuzzi fun. What got to us was the amount of free breakfast and dinner they had. dinner isn't really formal dinner but planty of finger food, pizza, salad, soup, wine bear coffee, fruits etc. for people who are traveling with large family, this is very economical. for busy business travelers, grab and go. I was just amazed at the service and the amout of food. I am quite a travelor and been to sooooo many hotels. I wouldn't say it's a fancy place, it's a typical Hyatt suit, but food service and having a clean place makes it all special. we saved so much money on food because of free breakfast and dinner... fruits, snacks not to mention free starbucks coffee every morning...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family