“great hotel overall with one caveat”

Hyatt Place Colorado Springs
Ranked #10 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Loveland, Colorado
“great hotel overall with one caveat”
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Very, very clean! Very comfortable bed. Nice big TV. I liked the separate little sitting room area, and I really liked the little fridge in the room to store our own snacks. The only problem was that we could hear the traffic noise from the Interstate, almost as if there were no windows or walls between us and the highway. Kept us awake half the night. We were on the 3rd floor on the front side of the hotel. But I think that requesting a room on the back side of the hotel would prevent this problem; I would definitely stay here again, making this one change.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Korean first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed September 16, 2010

We were there over the Labor Day Weekend (three nights too many). The bed was not comfortable and it seemed worn out and sunken. Both of our backs hurt after each night's sleep. The closet is difficult to use due to the layout. The bathroom area is very small. All the hotels in the area were sold out so we were stuck. The complimentary breakfast is ok, but there is a charge for some items like waffles. Some of the front desk personnel were borderline nasty. I charged an item to my room and they ask you out loud what is your room # & 1st 4 letters of your last name in the presence of others sitting around listening. Anyone could have used my room # and last name info to charge whatever they wanted. I commented about these actions to the employee doing the charge and she practically screamed back at me that I could have given her my room key to charge it instead. Now she tells me. I complained to the manager later about her. Of course I checked my bill thoroughly. When you check into any hotel they never say your room # out loud including this one. The room # is written down and handed to you with the key cards. This hotel is only good for a one night stay like we did a couple of years ago. We will not be back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2010

The hotel rooms are more like a one bedroom apartment with seperate rest area and bed, and a comfortable couch/sofa to relax in the evening - The large 42 inch HDTV (featuring full cable and an interactive pay per view system) can be swivelled to face the bed or the couch area - you can also connect AV/HD components/devices to the TV. There is a convenient microwave and sink unit to prepare meals. The bathrooms are standard but the fan unit at night makes a loud noise which can be annoying at night time. The hotel is located within reasonable distance to a lot of the major tourist attractions - 10 minute drive to the Garden of the Gods park, 15 mins to Seven Falls, 20 mins to Cave of the Winds. The hotel is also very close to many stores, restaurants and convenience stores. We found the rooms very comfortable and spacious and the rooms provide a very relaxing stay. The hotel is quiet so you will not be disturbed at night by slamming doors or other guests. A continental breakfast is also included.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I stayed here for a four-night stay while working in Colorado Springs.

Pros:
Nice look to the rooms, very nice big-screen TV.
They had decent coffee for breakfast, which is a huge and unexpected plus.

Cons:
Liked the fridge/sink but thought it was odd that there was no microwave. (The fridge was turned off when I got in the room so be sure to turn it on if you expect to use it. And I was able to use the microwave in the lobby.)
Old, hot, smelly elevators and the bath/shower was cheap quality although everything functioned properly.

Other:
The breakfast was good - not a huge selection, but adequate. The a/c was loud but the bed was comfy so I slept well. I personally would stay somewhere else if I were in Colorado Springs for a vacation, but the company I work for chose this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Lawrence, KS
Reviewed September 7, 2010

This was our first stay at a Hyatt Place and we found it to be fine. The room had plenty of space with two full beds and a pull-out couch. The staff was very friendly and gracious. The pool was enjoyed by our children. There were a few drawbacks though. The breakfast was pretty weak in terms of offerings. The bathroom is really small (I guess it loses what the rest of the room gains for space) but it serves its purposes and finally, our bill was off by nine dollars a night. I had made the reservation directly through the Hyatt website and had our email so the rate was corrected but it was the first time I had run into that. Still, the place was pleasant, the room was quiet and it served our purposes.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Zebulon, North Carolina
Reviewed September 5, 2010

First time visit to Colorado Springs, Co and no idea where to stay. Prices were reasonable. Located in good proximity to lots of things. Very close to Garden of the Gods. Rooms where trendy and very spacious and couch was a unexpected addition and roomy enough for another if needed. Microwave/refrigerator in room. Large flat screen tv. Decor was nice. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Ohio, USA
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We stayed at the Hyatt Place during our vacation to Colorado Springs; point of the trip was to visit parks in the area (Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and Cheyenne Canon Park). Hyatt Place was located very near to each of these sites (10-15 minutes).

Pros:

The staff was GREAT. Very friendly and extremely helpful.
Free continental breakfast although the selection was a bit limited.
Bar and snacks were available in the lobby, which was a nice way to end the day.
The room was very nice with a sitting area separate from the bedroom.

Cons:
The bed we had was very soft (I prefer a former mattress).
The driveway to the hotel (on Garden of the Gods Road) is a little difficult to access (no light).
As the hotel is adjacent to I-25, there is a bit of road noise, but it was not that bad (we had a room very near the interstate and the traffice noise was minimal overnight.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple