“Great value!”

Hyatt Place Colorado Springs
Ranked #10 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality and layout of the room. We paid the small $ for the mountain view and top (4th) floor, and it is well worth it. Comfortable beds, clean room, with the extra sitting room and small fridge and sink, along with large flatscreen, made the experience great. Staff was very helpful, nice lobby, menu & cocktails & coffee also contemporary, the free breakfast was good enough. Highly recommended for your stay in the Springs. Outdoor pool is nice w mtn view, family friendly.

Room Tip: Pay for mountain view and pick top floor. Ensures quiet sleep with nice views.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I found the Hyatt Place to be clean and comfortable. The rooms are well laid out with a comfortable sitting area. We were on the 4th floor with a mountain view and did not have any issues with traffic noise even though the hotel is within 100 meters of the I25. Personally I found the beds and pillows too soft as I felt like I sank into the mattress. There are quite a few restaurants in the area and is a short distance from the Garden of the Gods. The breakfast was plentiful with some healthier options, including fruit & oatmeal.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

From checking in to checking out, everything was easy-breezy. We were there for a couple of nights over Mother's Day weekend to enjoy the area's attractions and really enjoyed everything from the room layout (super spacious and really nice for 2 adults and 2 kids) to the free breakfast every morning. This greatly exceeded my expectations since I had gotten a Groupon to try it out. I'm now a fan of Hyatt and will be looking forward to my next trip where I will definitely seek out a Hyatt Place!

Everything about the decor in this place is modern/stylish. I was really impressed with the main area where there were copious seats that people could sit on with small, unobtrusive TVs nearby. The fitness center seemed nice but since I forgot to bring workout clothes, I didn't use it. The pool is small and was closed for the season so we didn't get to try it.

It's super close to a lot of restaurants that you can walk to. It's also right next to the highway although we never heard highway noise from inside.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

What a pleasant place this is! The room was nice sized, good work space, nice finishes and very clean. No noise that we could hear. Very nice complimentary breakfast although seating is a bit tough during the morning rush. The staff all seemed quite young but eager to please. Will definitely choose this place next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: Get a low odd number room. We were in 303 with view of the mountains, away from the elevator. Very...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed here with our 14 month old. The room was nice and spacious --good for baby to run around without getting hurt. The room felt very clean, fresh, nicely updated. Comfortable bed. The sectional couch made it feel like "home". The bar sink near the refrigerator was also very nice to have in addition to the bathroom sink.

We had a mountain view, but our baby liked watching the bunnies in the back from the window more than anything.

Overall, I was VERY happy with the room and our stay. It was a great value and a good location as well. There's an Applebee's, Chic-Fil-A, Village Inn and a few other restaurants all within walking distance.

Room Tip: Mountain View is worth the few extra bucks.
1  Thank Reejay01
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We choose this hotel, because it is good to reach and is also narrow to restaurants - just a short footstep away. So, you need no car for this. To park your car is very easy, the hotel-parking-lot is big - and without any fee. The hotel itself - I wrote it as an example for the same hotel at Aurora/Denver - is ok, the rooms are spacious, it is clean and you will get a complimentary wireless and also a complemanty breakfast. Not a luxury breakfast, but ok for a start to a new day. The once i have to critisise is: When we checked in and I asked for a room to the south side (opposite to the road), the desk-girl said, I have to pay 10 Dollars more. I never read this on the hotel-website or anywhere. I said no an the the north-side-rooms have not been (too) noisy, it was ok. But: The hotel was nearly booked out, most of the guest are teenagers, belonging to different chorus and musical groups - an I am sure, if they are located to a south-hotel-room, they have to pay nothing. So, it is a kind of profeetering - and in this way it is not ok. Thats the ground, why I will give only four points. Normaly the hotels would earn five, because its worthy for this standard.

Room Tip: Try to get a south-view-room (lookout to the pikes peak) – but only, you have not to pay for.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The room was very comfortable and extremely quiet. During our stay, several high school competitions were in progress and the hotel was filled with young people. We were pleasantly surprised to find that we could not hear any of the noise from our hotel room, even though the hotel was filled with teenagers. It is also centrally located near I-25, but we did not hear any of the road noise. I would definitely stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple