“Reasonable cost, good value, excellent service, pleasant stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs North

Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs North
Ranked #12 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Georgia
“Reasonable cost, good value, excellent service, pleasant stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Homewood Suites in Colorado Springs. We were very pleased with our stay. The front desk staff was courteous and responded promptly when we approached the desk. My reservation was for 2 points nights and 2 paid nights and there was no hassle about that (no room change, etc.), which was appreciated. The room was quiet and comfortable. The full-size refrigerator and decent kitchen was wonderful and every day the hotel staff provided another pouch of microwave popcorn! The first morning we showered there, the shower drain was clogged. I left a note and by the time we returned to our room that evening, I was happy to find that it had been fixed. The hotel staff provided a good supply of fresh towels and toiletries during our stay. The morning breakfast buffet was fine and we were able to find something to fend off our hunger each morning and start our day on a pleasant note. The evening welcome home reception was something we had never experienced before, so it was a nice touch and I enjoyed a glass of wine one evening – they even had my favorite wine! The location could not have been better for us. We were in town to visit our daughter and granddaughter, who live at the USAFA, while our son-in-law was deployed overseas. Shopping and restaurants were very convenient to the hotel. Loved Bird Dog BBQ. We will definitely consider staying with Homewood Suites at this location again. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cindy D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
New York Cuty
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

I was in Colorado Springs on business for a few days and had a great stay. The room was quite comfortable, completely equipped, and quiet. Having the paper waiting outside your room first thing in the morning was an excellent touch. You don't see that often enough. The full-sized refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker made the stay very pleasant. The size of the rooms is quite nice also. It was more like a small apartment than a hotel room. The mini kitchen in the room even included plates, flatware, and an automatic dishwasher to keep it all clean. The hotel's location worked well for my work and there are convenient restaurants within walking distance. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was always delicious and varied. It wasn't the same thing each day. An evening hospitality spread was also a great touch.

The hotel is equipped with a pool and patio area but it was too cold during my visit. It appeared to be a great place to relax once things warm up. Overall, even if you happen to be a very finicky patron, you will enjoy this hotel.

One down side is there is no hotel shuttle to and from the airport. Being 20-30 away may be asking too much. There were services available by third party companies for a fee. If you have a rental car, you're set.

Room Tip: I think any room in the hotel would be great. It is not a noisy neighborhood.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SailingRick
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Okay rooms but the breakfast area was so dirty at 7am on a Sunday morning that it was appalling. I do not think they had cleaned the tables or the carpet in days. Seems to be very young kids that run the breakfast area and they were quite nice but after I asked for a table to be cleaned they told me 'use another one" but it was just as dirty. No attention to detail. Kinda reminded me of my teenage son.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sara900
HWSColoSpgsGM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs North, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
We are so sorry you had that experience at our breakfast. This is not a norm and we will talk with the breakfast staff. If you have any other comments we would be happy to chat on the phone with you. 719-265-6600
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

Stayed here forgone night passing through, great place excellent rooms, spacious clean great service.
Saw from the window a nice pool that was closed for the winter but should make for a great Addition.
The staff were very nice and helpful
right across there is a shopping center with lots of restaurants
All in all great hotel!

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank eagle132
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

My son and I spent 3 days in Colorado Springs a few weeks back. I just looked around online for cheap rooms and came up with Homewood Suites.

The rooms were clean and modern, with all the amenities you could hope for at this price. Breakfast was robust and well tended, a far cry from the cereal and bagels you find at most cheap hotels.

We'll be staying here again the next time we're in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank whatthepie
Laurel, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

This hotel is pretty new and clean, but it has a terrible hot water system and heating/AC system that I ever experienced. The thermostat never worked properly and there was no hot water unless you take a shower before 6 AM. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Stick with Residence Inn.

Room Tip: Don't get a room next to the elevator or stairs. It gets noisy.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Paul K
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

Just got back from visiting family in Colorado Springs and I decided to stay near the airport at the Homewood Suites. Everyone on the staff was so friendly and helpful. They even remembered my name, which I've never experienced at a hotel. They gave me directions and help and made sure I got the wake up call I needed. The suite was large and comfortable and the breakfast was great. When I venture back to Colorado Springs, I will be sure to stay that the Homewood. Thanks Homewood staff for treating a girl like a Queen for my long weekend.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family