“Good stuff with the renovation.”

Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs
Ranked #21 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed April 7, 2009

No complaints here. After this stay I consistently seek a Hilton Garden Inn if there is nothing nicer wherever I go. They just opened a room for their phase II renovation and it was great. Breakfast was very good and those air beds were heavenly.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 3, 2009

I highly recommend this hotel. I booked this hotel thru Priceline. After my bid was accepted, I got on Hilton's website and found they were renovating :-( I called and was assured it would not interfer with our stay. The workers were not allowed to start work until 0900 and had to be finished by 8 p.m. We experienced no inconvenience whatsoever. The front desk staff is outstanding. Very helpful. Cleaning staff could use some help- I found a sock & note from a previous guest under my bed.... Hotel was very prompt in correcting this for me! The view from this hotel is astounding- we had views of Pikes Peak and surrounding mountains. I recommend staying in a room with an odd number - i.e. 207 so you can have a mountain view. Not sure what the other side sees! Easy to get to and several great restaurants nearby. Excellent stay!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank FordGurl
Reviewed October 15, 2008

I have only good things to say about this hotel. The staff was professional and very friendly. My room was comfortable, clean, and large with a lovely view of the mountains, and had all the amenities I needed. My 3rd floor room was very quiet. I enjoyed the pool, free tea, coffee and cookies in the lobby, and took advantage of the business center. I never did eat at the breakfast buffet (cost was $9.95), but did enjoy room service one evening. The food was delivered hot and delicious at a very reasonable price (under $10 for a chicken wrap and fresh fruit plate). I was travelling alone and felt very safe here. My only complaint would be the limited TV channels, but I didn't spend a lot of time watching TV anyway. I was sorry to have to leave and if I return to the area I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2008

I cannot say anything poor about this hotel. I booked a room 2 days beforehand for a holiday weekend, and they were able to fit me in. Everyone that worked there was courteous, friendly, helpful, etc. etc. It seemed as though all employees there were happy to be there - not something you would normally find in a hotel, anywhere! The breakfast buffet, although not free, was worth the low cost with so many fresh choices and everything was delicious. Easy access as a guest to computers - I was able to view and pick my seats and check-in for my flight and print my boarding pass at no charge, check my email, etc.
Everything in the room was clean and kept up during my entire stay each day!
Will definitely stay at this hotel on my next visit to Colorado Springs!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2008

Quiet property. Convenient to the Air Force Academy. Shopping and restaurants are across the street.

Clean rooms & public areas. Friendly staff. Love the afternoon cookies. Great breakfast bar that includes an omelet station.

Would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2008

My husband and I checked in to this hotel for the weekend. Our room was clean and had all the standard amenities, including a small fridge and microwave. The indoor pool and hot tub were a welcoming attraction. The beds in this hotel are HARD as rocks! The linens are certainly not the "Hilton" quality I am used to. All in all, I would rate our stay, the service and our visit average, it wasn't bad, but not "extraordinary".

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kathytwin
Reviewed August 19, 2007

I am writing my first review because my experience was so terrible that I would not wish it on a fellow traveler. After reading the positive reviews posted here, I decide to book a stay for 2 nights on business. The rate was $150 per night which is on the high end of the range for Colorado Springs. Thinking this is a Hilton branded property it would be worth it...but I would be wrong.

Now, these are the reasons why this hotel is just aweful:

1) Upon arrival I thought the property looked more on par with an Drury Inn, or Days Inn. After check-in we were informed the elevator was broke and I had to take the stairs.

2) After I came back from dinner and ready for some quality rest, I circled the entire parking lot twice without success because the hotel did not have enough parking spaces.

3) The room was unremarkable except the air conditioning (which was not central air as most high end hotels would have it) snapped, crackled, and popped through out the night. The sound was so loud and annoying that it woke me up every 30 minutes.

4) After using the toilet, the toilet malfunctioned and started to flush itself every few minutes. This was remedied by getting out of bed in the middle of the night, tapping the lever several times and waited to make sure the flushing stopped.

The next mornig I decided to cut my losses and check-out early. I went to the front desk to inform the clerk my experience was unacceptable. The clerk, who was pleasant, had an explaination for most the problems. However, I explained to her I did not come to a Hilton branded property for explainations of defect. She agreed and reduced the rate.

With that behind me, I checked into the Embassy Suites (which is also owned by Hilton) a few exits south. The rate was slightly less but with all the amenities one would expect of a high end hotel such as a quiet night's rest.

Last note, I had to extend my trip a third night and chose Comfort Suites (which is owned by Choice Hotels). The cost was $80 per night. It was the best value of the 3 hotels.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business