“Nice HGI location except for one small thing!”

Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs
Ranked #21 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed August 27, 2013

As a HH Diamond member, one of the things that I like about staying at HGI's is the fact that you can go downstairs and have dinner - in your comfy clothes as if you are at home!! This location does not have a full dinner menu. The bar is open but just for small bottles of wine and bottled beer. They have a few small bites (chicken fingers, salad) and can order take out for room service from a restaurant across the street. There are some good restaurants across the street to include PF Chang. I ordered from the take out menu and fortunately the room had a microwave so that I could heat it up as it was cold. They do mention their restaurant hours on their site and had I checked, I would have known...just assumed! I've stayed out at the location by the airport, and they do serve dinner at this one; will stay here next trip.
Everything else about this location is perfect - quiet, clean, great staff, great breakfast. Located in a very nice part of the city!

Room Tip: Any room here is a good room!
1  Thank tpa2az
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for the review. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do apologize we don't offer an evening dinner service. I have to admit, with all of the wonderful restuarants across the street, it is difficult to compete with them for that meal period.

I am pleased you will still be looking to stay with us on future trips!

Have a great weekend,

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The room was what I would expect based on previous stays at The Hilton Garden Inn. The breakfast on the other hand was really surprising. There was a variety of fresh fruit with plain yoghurt along with all the normal hash browns and scrambled eggs. There was something for everyone. This hotel looks to be quite busy. The staff were helpful and the rooms very clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the review on Trip Advisor! I am so glad you enjoyed the breakfast. We try to keep it fresh and with a lot of variety!

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Enjoyed my stay in Colorado Springs. Hilton Garden Inn is always a good place to hang one's hat while in this beautiful city. Accomodations were at par with other Hilton Garden Inns. Staff at Front Desk makes a difference. Even though my room was not ready (1PM) they went our of their way to make me feel welcome and took my luggage until my room was ready. Internet was above par. Very clean and comfortable beds.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the Trip Advisor review. I am please to hear the front desk was helpful in trying to accommodate an early arrival. We certainly hope to be your choice of hotels on your next trip to Colorado Springs!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn in Colorado Springs is a great option while traveling on business. The lobby is roomy and bright - a great option for business meetings. The rooms have comfortable beds and the Internet access works well.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you so much for the review! I am so pleased you liked the lobby as we are still working on a remodel of it. The new changes are fantastic and so welcoming!

We hope to see you again soon!

shannon Arwood

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This excellent hotel was very clean, with a friendly staff. I thoroughly enjoyed the bed (with selectable firmness for each side of the bed). I will gladly stay at this hotel again, and I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and the adjustable bed!
We appreciate that you took the time to include your feedback on Trip Advisor. We certainly value all feedback!

We hope to see you again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Our reservations had been made for us by a third party and we believed we had reserved a room for 6. There was ample confusion at check in and the staff eventually gave us a handicapped room with a rollaway, which we appreciated.

The room was sufficient, except for the fact that the heat kicked on randomly throughout the night and made an awful smell like the room was on fire. The shower curtain was also not long enough and water poured on the floor every time we took a shower. And for some reason, even though the staff knew there were 6 of us, they only gave us 3 towels. 3. Both days. Which we had to use for all the water on the floor and not for us. Not convenient.

During our two night stay we used many of the hotels amenities, including the pool. When my kids got out of the pool I noticed that their swimming suits were COMPLETELY bleached. Totally ruined. They will never be able to wear them again and they weren't cheap! I'm totally upset. That's until I try to wash my daughter's hair. She has long dark brown hair about to the middle of her back and the bleach from the pool completely dried it out,damaged it to the point where after washing and conditioning it for two weeks I'm now finally able to brush it without her crying. The ends of her hair are blonde they are so bleached and damaged that she needs to get her hair cut off. I am not exaggerating & have taken pictures of it.

When we checked out of the hotel and the staff asked how our stay was we were honest and said it wasn't great. We had issues with getting our room, the problems with the shower and towels, and one morning for breakfast there was NO coffee and NO waffle batter (that's what my kids would eat) They were obviously understaffed in the breakfast area. And when we told them about the pool all they offered was an apology! Oh, and then they told us it was against fire code for them to even let us stay and that they shouldn't have even let us stay in the first place.

I have never written a review on trip advisor and don't normally complain. I just really feel like Hilton did not offer us a quality Hilton stay. And they didn't offer us any compensation when it was their responsibility that our swimsuits were ruined. I am not even sure what they can do about my daughter's hair.

The hotel itself was beautiful and clean and breakfast was good (when you could get it). Location is good, but we will never return. I am very disappointed in our stay and how it was handled.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sara M
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for the Trip Advisor Review. I apologize there were so many challenges during your stay.

While I have printed your feedback for our team to read, it is difficult to respond to so many items in one response. If you would like to speak directly, please don't hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

There was a mix-up at check-in and I ended up getting a room that had someone else's name on the folio. I'm not sure what happened, but it took two calls to the front desk to make sure everything was okay. Other than that, it is a very typical Hilton Garden Inn, and represented a fair value for the money.

Room Tip: The front rooms can be noisy in the morning.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the Trip Advisor review. I am so sorry there was any confusion at all with the check in process. I will be sure to print and share the feedback with the team.

We hope to have you as our geust again!

Regards,