“Comfortable and Close to 25”

Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs
Ranked #19 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went to Colorado Springs to visit our son who is stationed at Fort Carson. This property was pretty centrally located (close to freeway) and close to the surrounding bases.
Comfortable property, windows opened with a great view of the mountains and great service and meal at breakfast - we needed a couple extra pillows - we only had to ask once and they were in our room. We were close to a lot of the surrounding areas, Garden of the Gods, downtown Colorado Springs, etc.
Easy off/on freeway - was about 45 min (on toll) to get back to Denver Int'l airport.

Room Tip: ask for a front view (facing lobby) room to see the beautiful mountains - there was still plenty of...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Excellent property; pleasant staff, comfortable rooms, very good value (less than $100 on weeknight), excellent breakfast service; location easily accessible from I-25 about 10-15 minutes north of downtown, just south of Air Force Academy. Arrived late and parking was slightly problematic, around behind the building. Shopping and services close by at Chapel Hills Mall.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you so much for putting this review on Trip Advisor! We greatly appreciate the feedback and the positive response!

We hope to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My room was not made up after being gone for 5 hours...when reported to front desk they said they would immediately send a maid instead a maintance person showed up and did not even know how to make a bed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Thank you for the feedback and I apologize about the mixup with the service of the room. That is certainly not the experience we want out guests to have while with us.

Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to discuss further. We certainly value your feedback and your business.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I arrived early and was given a room with a beautiful view of Pikes Peak. The hotel was clean and safe and the wifi connection was strong, which are critical for a business traveler. I didn't use the pool or fitness center, but I did peek in to see them and they looked adequate. I also did not take advantage of the restaurant, but I did grab a warm, fresh cookie, which was delish!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will come and visit us again!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed for a night for business. Extremely friendly front desk staff! Room is what you expect at an HGI - no surprises! I saw other reviews discussing the rock hard bed. For me, that was heaven! Close access to the airport and interstate.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you so much for the excellent feedback! I am pleased the beds were perfect for you nad you had a compfortable night's rest!

We look forward to having you visit us again!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Decent hotel that is right off of I-25. Easy access to Garden of the Gods (5 min away) and Pikes Peak. Nice Shopping Center right across the street with atleast 6 dining choices. Good breakfast options with cooked to order food (for a very reasonable cost). I recommend pre-paying for breakfast then it is all you can eat.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AJ D
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for providing comments on your stay! We appreciate the feedback and I am pleased you enjoyed your breakfast.

Just for clarification, the breakfast is always a Full Cooked to Order and All You Can Eat. The prepay for breakfast is an excellent option as it is included in the guest room rate at a substantial discount.

We certainly hope you will stay with us again!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The bed was supposed to be adjustable, but I could not notice any difference. By the end of the week my back was in knots. The rooms are extremely noisy, I was on a job working late so needed to sleep late, was woke up every day bay talking in the hallways, slamming doors, and conversations from the rooms next to me. No sound proofing at all.. I mentioned the bed to the front staff, and they could have cared less. No offer to do anything at all. Wireless connectivity was very slow, it was faster to tether to my 4g phone.. Breakfast was good and the rooms were always clean so that was a plus. But would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your recent stay. I am so sorry that the noise and bed confort were and issue during your visit. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss further if you wish. That is certainly not the experience we want you to have and I apologize that the desk staff was not responsive.