$97
$188
  • Restaurant
$159
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$146
$139
Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$135
EmbassySuites.com
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$137
$128
$299
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $347/night.

$259
The Broadmoor(Colorado Springs)
$445
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewspromenade shopspf changsthe air force academybreakfast staffnorth sidegreat place to staywonderful hotelviews of the mountainspikes peakwould stay here againbusiness centercoffee makerconvenient locationbusiness tripking bedfree breakfasthot tub
Reviewed July 27, 2012

STAY SOMEPLACE ELSE!!! Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs is not really a Hilton Garden Inn! It's a subpar motel in disguise! I am a Hilton HHonors Diamond member and stay at Hilton properties all the time. I have NEVER stayed at such a dirty, disgusting Hilton property as this one. I’m in Colorado Springs from Sunday through Friday for work and just ask that I get a clean, quiet room—like everyone; was I EVER IN FOR A SURPRISE! When I checked in I was given a smoking room, ugh! (I thought all Hilton Garden Inns were non-smoking, my bad) I know I did not request a smoking room. When I asked for a non-smoking room and was told there were no more rooms available. I said, “fine, I’ll stay someplace else.” A nice agent who overheard the conversation was able to get me a non-smoking room. Great, why didn’t I get that one before? Now I know. I guess this was one of those “only use in case of emergency” rooms. When I walked in I noticed the cushion on the chair in the corner was resting against the back of the chair. I guess someone spilled something and they are letting it air out? I don’t know, but I can tell you it was still “airing-out” when I left five days later; I wasn’t about to sit on that chair.

You don’t know how hard I laughed when I grabbed the TV remote control and noticed the cover that holds the batteries on the back of the Remote Control was lost; so scotch tape was used to hold the batteries in place. Really? This is a Hilton property? Really?—I’d expect that from a franchised Super 8 or an independently owned Best Western, but not a Hilton property! Bush league, absolutely BUSH LEAGUE!!!

Then when I walked into the bathroom to set-up my toiletries I could not help but notice a really filthy vent on the wall! That thing hasn’t been cleaned in months, if ever! It’s not like it’s on the ceiling and hard to reach. This one is easily cleaned without a ladder. And this is a Hilton property? Wow! Can you imagine my disappointment the next day when I tried to make coffee and the coffee maker spewed out less than ¼ cup of the 4 cups it was suppose to make? I was pretty disappointed.

I was hoping that would be worst of it, but NOPE it gets worse, MUCH WORSE! I travel a lot and I try to make things easy for housekeeping. I pile all the towels on one towel on the floor in the bathroom for easy pick-up; pile all the trash into one bag or receptacle, etc. (I even leave a tip for housekeeping—not this time) On Monday night I ate BBQ in my room and as usual I piled all the trash in one bag for easy pick-up. Do you think it was collected on Tuesday? NO! Wednesday? NO! Thursday? NO! How gross is that? Thursday evening, when I got back, I finally called the manager to my room and asked her to take it out. Yes, this is a Hilton property, she assured me.

Now for the ABSOLUTE GROSSEST part of all: Like most people I like to sleep on clean sheets. I ALWAYS put the card on the pillow that signifies I want my sheets changed; everyday! When my trash wasn’t being picked-up I started to suspect my room wasn’t being cleaned they way it was supposed to. I put two small pen marks inconspicuously in the corner of the sheet. Sure enough that evening when I got back, the sheets were NOT changed! The next day I put the cards on the pillow again and AGAIN the sheets were NOT changed! Were the sheets even changed before I slept in the bed to begin with? UGH!!!! This is a Hilton property, right?

This is BY FAR the loudest, nosiest hotel I’ve EVER stayed at. So loud I cannot tell you the second loudest I’ve ever heard. The walls are so thin I can hear both neighbor’s televisions almost as loud as my own—And you will not fall asleep until your neighbors’ television sets are off! A normal conversation comes right through the wall, almost like they are talking to me. The front door is so thin I can hear conversation at 50 feet away as though they were in my room! Yes, you will wake-up several time s a night to adult conversation that seems like it’s in your room when it’s actually way down the hall. And in the morning, expect to wake-up the sound of children running and screaming down the hall to the elevator like they were on their way to Disneyland! EXTREMELY LOUD!!!

Coming to Colorado Springs for work or play? Stay someplace else! And DON’T stay at the Homewood Suites next door, it’s the same management team. Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs is not only an atrocity, it’s a complete and gross insult to the Hilton brand! I can hardly wait for the survey. I’ll never stay here again!

Room Tip: Stay someplace else!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank kevin_317
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback again regarding th hotel. I absolutely appreciate the amount of time we were able to spend speaking on the phone after your stay and that we were able to resolve the issues through offering the Brand Promise to you.

Certainly, this stay was not representative of our hotel and, as I mentioned to you, your letter was communicated to all of our team and retraining has begun to assure no other guest has a similar experience.

As always, you are welcome to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this matter further. We appreciate the feedback you have provided us. Our sincerest apologies that there were so many deficiencies during your stay.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for 2 nights as we were in town for a UCCS orientation.
Location: The hotel is just off I-25 and across the street from the Shops at Briargate. Lots of nice sit down restaurant choices and shopping without having to move your car. Pine Creek Golf Course is less than a mile away. Great access to main streets to get around Co Sprigs without having to get back on freeway.
Hotel: Nice place. Nothing too fancy, very clean comfortable rooms. Plenty of parking. Did not eat breakfast but it was busy the next morning. Great staff at check-in and check-out.
Beds were comfortable and everything worked in the room and bathroom. Plenty of space to work and the the Wi-Fi was free.
Only negative - one 3 stop elevator. When the hotel is busy there is a really long wait.
I am returning in August and will definitely stay here again due to its location and immediate surroundings

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the feedback on your stay!

We agree, one elevator can be a challenge when the hotel is at capacity. I would love for there to be at least two in the building. Fortunately, with only three stories, the stairs are sometimes on option. Of course, only if you aren't carrying luggage or shopping treasures from the Shops at Briargate across the street!

We look forward to having you back with us in August! Have saafe travels.

Regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Was planning on staying 2 nights, but cut trip short due to noise at the hotel. I could hear even minor noises from the hallway very clearly, but the people across the hall were quite loud and let their screaming toddler play in the hallway. Rooms are otherwise comfortable, and the breakfast in the morning is pretty good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for the feedback from your stay! I am so sorry the room across the hall was a bit loud. On any future stays, please feel free to contact the desk staff and we will be more than happy to address that issue.

We certainly hope we will have an opportunity to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Close proximity to the Academy, outdoor parks, shops, and stores made this location an excellent choice. The staff is outstanding -warm, thorough, and pro-active. Anything you need they will try to fill it. Pros: food at the American Grill, front desk help, room cleanliness, wifi, views of the Rockies. Cons: noisey mini-fridge, small fitness center and pool. Overall, an excellent choice for a hotel stay in the Rockies. The reviews are right, ask for a room with a mountain view. Kate at the front desk, Ashley/Duncan/Chef in the Grill...THANKS!

Room Tip: Mountain view, 2nd floor or higher.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for the excellent feedback and for acknowledging specific team members! I will be happy to pass that feedback on to our team.

In regards to the pool and fitness center, if you are ever looking for something a bit larger, we do offer complimentary passes to the local YMCA which is an excellent facility about 3 miles from the hotel. We know some guests prefer some more options and the Y is fantastic!

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review! We hope to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Well, what hotel isn't loud. Doors banging, people stomping above with clubbed feet. At least the front range view was pretty. Lots of restaurants across the street like Panera, California Pizza, PF Changs, Biaggis. Swanky part of town, but frankly the drive from east Denver all through Colorado Springs felt swanky. Great front desk staff. Beds are a bit hard for me even with the button on the mattress turned down.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for the time you took to fill out a review on your stay! We are happy you were able to take advantage of the Shops at Briargate across the street. It is such a fantastic amenity with excellent options for dining and shopping.

Oh yes, you are correct. All hotels are a bit louder than home. However, if it is ever too much or during what we would consider "quiet hours," please let the desk staff know.

We hope to see you again!