All reviewspromenade shopspf changsthe air force academybreakfast staffnorth sidegreat place to staywonderful hotelbusiness centerviews of the mountainspikes peakwould stay here againcoffee makerconvenient locationking bedfree breakfasthot tubomelet
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed here two nights. To provide a description of how thin the walls are, it is 5am as I write this. Our neighbor in the room next to us has a major snoring problem. I am a light sleeper and cannot get back to sleep because all I hear is his snoring. The loud A/C, which I don't mind actually, actually helps block out his snoring. The first night we had a couple of teenagers shouting in the hallway during the evening on a few occasions. Now, that isn't as much of the hotel's fault, but the walls are still way too thin.

The hotel was relatively fair in price(around $100) and is in a very nice location, directly across the street from a nice outdoor mall area. Convenient to the highway and clean inside. If the walls weren't so thin, and if the pillows were better, this would be a great hotel. I give it a 3 star because of the walls. It may not be the hotel's fault for my neighbor snoring, but it is their fault that I can hear it. If your neighbor doesn't snore loudly, which is an if, then you can probably have a good night's rest. But I didn't.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2011

The room was very clean and nicely appointed. Included are a microwave and small refrigerator. The bed is adjustable and comfortable. Focus on the Family and the Air Force Academy are so close. Pike's Peak, the cliff dwellings and many other attractions are also within easy driving range. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I have been a Hilton Honors member for many years and have stayed in more then 50 hotels across the country. By far this particular hotel is the worst hotel I have stayed in. Earlier reviewers must be deaf because this place was the loudest hotel of our trip. You can hear people's conversations through the walls and they weren't even yelling. People walking down the hallway sounded like a herd of elephants, along with slamming of doors, closets, and blaring televisions. Now to the messy part. Check-in for this hotel was 4:00 pm. We arrived at 4:30 and after going up the 1 and only elevator we walked past multiple glasses, mugs and plates just sitting outside doors. After leaving for dinner at 7pm, not 1 thing was picked up and we took the stairs because the elevator was on the other side of the hotel. In the stairway we saw a little boy's pair of underwear and a shoe. We arrived back at 9 and finally the hallway was cleaned but a roll away mattress was still in the hallway. The next morning we woke and went to breakfast at 9am and the mattress was still in the hallway and so were the underwear and shoes. Even though we had a Non-smoking room walking down the hallway was just gross. We were 10 rooms from the closest Smoking room and it smelled like we were right next to them. Overall we were there for 2 nights and didn't get any sleep, the roll away mattress was there for 2 nights and a pair of underwear and a shoe was there for 2 days. The ONLY positive was that this hotel was it's location, within 15 miles of the major attractions.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wildhog1977
Reviewed July 28, 2011

While in the Colorado Springs and Denver area, my husband and I were in our truck pulling a 50 foot long car hauler so we had to stay in a hotel that could accomodate our parking needs. The hotels in the area are expensive even for hotel chains that usually are considered budget friendly. We actually booked this hotel cheaper than the area Microtel. We stayed here for two restful nights. Both nights we were there, we opted for the breakfast plan that was only $10 extra for the both of us. Breakfast each morning was spectacular! At breakfast, they have a chef who cooks eggs or omlets any way you want. Also included, is bacon, sausage, and then the ordinary continental breakfast items, such as bagels, cereal, etc. I was happy to see that they actually had fresh strawberries and several other types of fruit, instead of canned fruit, which is what hotels usually have at breakfast. One morning we sat outside in the cool early morning and enjoyed our breakfast at the patio dining area. The rooms were extremely spacious and clean, the staff were very helpful, and I hope to return for another stay there soon. Note the picture accompanying this review to see the view that we had from the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Attractive common areas, large rooms, comfortable bed. I paid $104 for a same day reservation on hotels.com. There were some minor issues with my room that caused me to rate it slightly lower than I would have for better attention to detail. There was a very dirty & gross air duct right at eye level in the bathroom (I have seen this same comment on other reviews). I also noticed black mildew & missing caulk around the tub. The AC fan was so loud that it woke me during the night when it switched on.

• Stayed: July 2011