“Average about describes it...”

Courtyard Colorado Springs South
Ranked #32 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Average about describes it...”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed here on June-3-4, 2012 in Room 204. Room had two queen beds and was very spacious and very clean. Bathroom is also spacious - vanity area and closet were average. Staff was friendly and welcoming and exterior noise was minimal. Nice enough pool and fitness room. That's the good stuff. West facing room but no view. Limited selection of television channels, towels very thin, very difficult to maintain even room temperature due to horrible heat/ac system which was very loud, apparently breakfast is not complimentary. But the worst part was the horrible mattresses. At first, I thought I was sleeping on one of those memory foam mattresses where you just kind of sink to the bottom and spend the whole night elbowing and shouldering to dig yourself out of a hole. In the morning, I looked and it was not a memory foam mattress but a very old, very unsupportive, very soft spring mattress. If I hadn't already paid for two nights via Priceline, I would've changed hotels the next day so I could get a good night's sleep.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Slovak first
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed May 5, 2012

What can you say about a Marriott? It was great. The room was spot-on clean The service was fantastic. The cafe was awesome. The only thing better than the cafe, were the people who worked there. Anything we asked for they made happen. Antonio (I think that was his name) was so incredibly nice and made the best spinach, egg while, wheat toast breakfast. I would definitely stay here again. Loved that the gym had TWO treadmills which was great.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Lake City, Colorado, USA
Reviewed March 29, 2012

My husband and I took our grandchildren to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs. This hotel provided excellent service and the accomodations were just what we needed for our two-year old grandson to have naps without being disturbed by the rest of us. They were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I happen to check in later than usual, about 9PM and found out that my room which I had originally reserved 2 months earlier was no longer available. I was given a handicap access room, which was okay, but had its drawbacks and I have to wonder how a disabled person could use this room. The vanity area was very tight/narrow with very poor lighting and close to the bathroom door. I can't imagine how a person in a wheel chair could use the vanity. The bath was built for wheelchair access and was very roomy; the shower was on an adjustable rail but raised to about 5 feet. I'm 5'10", so had to crouch down to shower... a bit uncomfortable.

The rest of the room was the usual "king" with desk/chair/easy lounger; and yes, the bed was very comfortable!

The remodeled "bistro" and the dining area was very nicely done. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food... try the flatbread pizza, it's great! They also serve Starbucks coffee at a reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Blythe, California, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2012

my husband and i stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in march of 2012. we arrived late and were checked in right away. the young lady at the front desk was very thorough and knew how to do her job.

we stayed in a suite that had a whirlpool, the room was very enjoyable. everyday the housekeeping did a fantastic job with cleaning up our room. unfortunately, we didn't eat at the bistro there in the hotel. there are quite a few of restaurants that are very close by and so we took advantage of that instead.

overall we enjoyed our stay and i am glad that i found a great place to stay for future trips to colorado springs!

Room Tip: the whirlpool suites are very nice!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I love Courtyards and this only reinforced that love. Wonderful front desk help and great aesthetics. The Marriott sleep experience is among the best. Spacious rooms and Starbucks coffee in their Bistro area. Bonus - Pricelined this hotel for $51.

Room Tip: If available ask for a room on the back/west side with a balcony.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Having stayed at numerous Courtyard hotels I have come to expect good things from Courtyard. As a result, there is little this particular property could do to Wow! me - it was as wonderful as every other Courtyard I've stayed in.

What was especially impressive about this Courtyard was the extra level of effort that the front desk and bistro staff seemed to go to in order to make our stay a great one. For instance, I asked for a bag for ice for my daughter who had slammed her foot in the car door. The front desk lady dropped everything she was doing, retrieved a plastic laundry bag then proceeded down the hallway to get the ice. I would have gladly gone to get the ice myself. Then, she comforted my daughter as if she were the woman's own daughter or granddaughter.

Next day, I asked a different front desk attendant for some packing tape - odd request I know. Voila! He promptly whipped it out from a shelf at shin level and apologized that I would have to search for the spot where the last user severed the tape.

Nearby restaurants within the walking distance (a couple hundred yards): Macaroni Grill and Flatirons Bar & Grill. There are another dozen or so restaurants about a half mile west of the hotel - take a right on Southgate.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family