both the hotels hi and hi express seem to be in good shape. however, my 86 year old mother likes the chain and is a member of their loyalty program. we are vacationing from california and mom decided to stay in colorado springs. so she called the 1 (800) number and booked the room. she asked how to get there but from what i heard (on speakerphone in car) were very general indeed!
arrow plaza but some call it martin luther king expressway! so she wrote it down. no one EVER offered to spell the address give the exit number (or highway number). so after driving through colorado springs, we exited and parked by the air force training center. called 1(800) again no one asked which highway we were on! so i tell her to get the local number. we were finally told to exit 25 south at exit # 139. great (i thought) still lost we called the local number. where we were told by the female on the phone "i am not from here!" "i am the only one here" i dont mlk parkway."
45 minutes after arriving in colorado springs we stopped at a gas station and were directed right here. seems we were 10 minutes away but had no way of knowing!
i will never stay at your properties again.
just no excuse for poor directions at $100.00 per night! j turner lafayette, ca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Team is at your service! Enjoy great views of the Pikes Peak and the Rocky Mountains at your Colorado Springs Holiday Inn! Stay with us and see all that Colorado Springs has to offer. Stroll through the Garden of the Gods, cruise down to the Royal Gorge, or climb Seven Falls. Shop 'til you drop in nearby historic districts and on the popular Powers Boulevard corridor and minutes from downtown. Then return to relax in our indoor pool and hot tub. We are only 5 miles from the airport and our Complimentary Shuttle runs 7 days a week. A straight shot from I-25, we are easy to find from any part of town. Our on-site bar and grille, offers casual fare and happy hour every day. So enjoy a drink on the patio, or revel in room service. Traveling on business? We are just five minutes from Peterson Air Force Base. Schriever AFB and Fort Carson are also close, as is Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, ITT, TSA, Raytheon, SI International, Boeing, L3, SAIC, Harris, Scitor, and Aerospace Corporation. Call us for your travel needs or plan your next meeting with us. All of our events are catered by the Holiday Inn Grill, with menus and packages that make meeting planning a breeze. Make the most of your visit: ask our associates about our special package offers, which include golfing, casino nights, movie nights and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, IHG, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Colorado Springs Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Colorado Springs (Airport) Hotel Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Holiday Inn