“Best way to see pikes peak”

Pikes Peak Mountain Bike Tours
Ranked #1 of 25 Tours in Colorado Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Come join us for an experience of a lifetime. There is no better way to experience Pikes Peak than on a bicycle. We offer fun safe tours for all skill levels. It's sure to be a life-long memory for all!
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went with my wife to to the bike down tour, unsure what to expect. The group was a great mix of experienced and inexperienced bikers, as well as various ages. Our guides did a great job pacing the group well for different speeds at different sections, keeping the bikes maintained, keeping everyone entertained, fostering a fun dynamic within the group and most importantly keeping everyone safe.

We had poor visibility for the lower half of the mountain with thick fog as we rode through the clouds but our guides kept everyone safe as well as directed traffic around us. For the upper sections we had amazing visibility and fantastic views moving through different zones and temperatures down the mount which provided a varied experience. Our guides kept everyone hydrated and made sure everyone was comfortable with the ride as we went down. Lunch was well organized and delicious.

Some of the less experienced riders would sometimes get to close to the middle of the road or other riders causing screeching rubber at times. Other riders would move to the front of the group when the group had stopped which increased the number of instances of passing. A quick overview regarding biking etiquette might go a long way, i.e. keeping distance, staggered riding and maintaining order once the group stops.

Would definitely consider going back, would love to see a self guided tour option from the summit (i.e. bike rental, a lift to the top of the mountain and a pickup at the bottom). If you like being outdoors and aren't afraid of a few heights and a little exercise, this is definitely for you.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was very nervous about biking down Pikes Peak but didn't want to leave Colorado without having done it. Craig made me feel very comfortable and gave me plenty of instruction on the mountain bike (I have never been on one). The whole trip was fun and very safe. They split us up into a fast group and a slow group. My slow group even had an 8-yr old boy in it. The trip was definitely not to be missed.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I traveled to Colorado alone, for some solo vacation time. The Saddle Up-Bike Down tour was the last thing on my schedule.
Let me get the one negative out of the way first: Skip the saddle up part. Not worth it. The horses at the Broadmoor are head-to-tail, they know that trail like the back of their hoof, and you don't need any skill to sit on its back and let it follow the one in front of it. Boring.

Now, positives: I hadn't biked since college, and this was definitely not the easiest of biking-- rocks, soft sandy paths in places... it was scary, and I almost backed out at the last minute. BUT I'M SO GLAD I DIDN'T! I felt so accomplished in the end.

My guide spent some time with me on the bike before driving away (!) to make sure I was comfortable (or probably that he felt comfortable I wasn't going to kill myself!). Then, I was on my way. The gold camp tour is really fun; like I said, there were rocks and sand, but nothing I didn't eventually get the hang of. By the end of my ride, my hands were sore, my butt was sore (I never fully mastered the technique he told me about to save my heiney), but I felt amazing.

I recommend this tour!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Had a wonderful long weekend of adventures and touring and this was the best! Beautiful views, and picture ops. Our guides, Craig and Jason, stressed safety first then the trip was all about us, the riders. Our group had very experienced riders, to the casual rider, and we all thoroughly enjoyed the tour. Could not of asked for a better experience, beyond expectations.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Bike Pikes Peak provides an amazing bike tour of this beautiful mountain. Their motto of Safety first, Fun second is well founded. We all wore fluorescent yellow vest which made us all very visible. The small group size of 15 or so also is an important safety issue. The guides provided us with many stops for photos and getting to know one another. The bikes were all in excellent shape. Give this business a try! You will have an amazing time!