“FAST FUN!”

Pikes Peak Mountain Bike Tours
Ranked #1 of 23 Tours in Colorado Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Come join us for an experience of a lifetime. There is no better way to experience Pikes Peak than on a bicycle. We offer fun safe tours for all skill levels. It's sure to be a life-long memory for all!
New Orleans
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“FAST FUN!”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Bike Pike's Peak is a fast-paced adventure. You'll never go faster down the mountain!
Take the COG Railway up, spend just the right amount of time on the summit, and then --- V R O O M M M M!!! You are coasting down the mountain.
This is an exhilerating trip coasting at rapid speed down the cliff-sided, switchbacks of Pikes Peak Highway.
The crew (We had Jason, Tyler and Lori) are not only experienced and watching safety always -- but VERY helpful with taking pics, filling (included) water bottles and offering local knowledge.
The extreme trip and wickedly-fast pace downhill are more than worth the cost of admission.
At the end you get a great lunch at the popular greek restaurant in Old Colorado City.
GREAT WORK JASON -- WELL DONE! We had a blast.
(NOTES: You check in at 7, catch the cog railway at 8, roll up hill for 1.5hrs and then coast down from 10-1:00 ish. You are finished at 2:30)

Visited July 2012

Champaign
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Quality shows when problems arise”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My husband, daughter, and I took this tour on a gorgeous day in mid-June (before the fires.) We rode to the top on the cog railway. (Tip, get a seat facing TOWARD the mountain. Then you are leaning back in your seat as you go up. If you are facing the other way, you risk sliding out of your seat!)

Views from the top of the peak were tremendous. We were met by our guides, fitted for bikes, given a safety lesson, and started off on our adventure. It's a little freaky at the top, with steep grades, sharp curves, and not always the luxury of guardrails. You're going REALLY fast. But with a guide in front a a van following, you are very safe. It's not like you are clinging to 6 inches at the side of the road with cars whizzing by.

We were over halfway down, and really getting feel of it, when it went bad. My husband hit his front brakes too hard, when head over handlebars, and broke his wrist when he landed. (Remember that safety lesson at the top? That's exactly what they warned us about.) Our guides, two most excellent gentlemen named Jason and Tyler, were right on the phones calling for help, pulling out the first aid kit, splinting my husband's arm. We were met by a Pike's Peak ranger, who drove my husband to the gate where he was met by the owner, who drove him to the ER.

I want to be clear that this incident was completely an accident and in no way the fault of the guides, Pike's Peak Mountain Tours, or a mechanical failure of the bike.

Any business can get a good review when everything goes perfectly. But it is when things go wrong and are handled well that a business shows their intergrity and professionalism. Our guides and the owner could not have possible been more cariing, helpful, and professional.
Even with the injury, we had a lot of fun on this ride. And my husband said he would do it again - but he'd be careful with the brakes!

1 Thank dlp53
Colorado Springs
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“It was great in spite of....”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Today, I turned 60, and my beloved Pike's Peak National Park is closed because of a wildfire.
But, yesterday to celebrate this birthday, my daughter and I joined 12 others from six states to bike down Pikes Peak with our great guides Brian and Scott. Okay, the van's transmission went out 3/4th of the way up, and we had more time for photo opps as we waited for another van to take us to the top (thanks Dillon for free t-shirts because of the wait). Then, we made it to the top, had a surreal view of the horizon and ate the park's famous donuts. Next it was a great, brake-gripping, beautiful adventure down, down, down, with plenty of stops along the way. (I also walked my bike up a few "hills".)The park completely shut down just as we finished the 20 miles, because of the fire that we watched grow as we descended. The tour itself ended in Old Colorado City with a delicious Greek lunch. You do not have to be in shape for this adventure, but I recommend you feel comfortable on a bike and bring gloves to better hold on to those bike handle brakes. It's also important to drink lots of water, starting 24 hours before the tour to better handle the altitude change and not get dehydrated. If you are from out of state and can give yourself a day to acclimate to the Colorado Springs altitude that might be helpful. This was one of the best events I've done in my life. Thanks Pikes Peak Mountain Bike Tours staff.

2 Thank mtscribe
Delano, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great time, wonderful staff”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Wow, great family tour with teenagers. Safety was first priority on the staff list for all of us. We had Tyler lead the group down, after a safety talk on top of pikes peak. There van followed behind us for anything we did not want to tote on bike or any problems with the bikes. We stopped a few times for scenic views and pictures. We traveled a total of 20 miles downhill,with breath taking landscape. I would highly recommend this company and definitely do it again!

Boston, Massachusetts
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Highlight of my trip through WY and CO”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Took the Cog Rail up, and rode down on a provided Kona Mountain Bike...amazing day, beautiful weather, and the best guides possible. Jason, Laurie and Rob were excellent...I appreciated their expertise and guidance while biking down Pike's Peak. They also provided great historical information, recommendations and tips on sights to see, restaurants, and more about the local area, took pictures for/of me (I was solo), etc. They deliver everything as promised, their equipment is in excellent condition, the group size on the tour was significantly smaller than other tour providers I encountered, and they are not only professional, but also down to earth, friendly and fun. I can't say enough about the experience...thanks Pikes Peak Mountain Bike Tours!!! PS Love that, as a bonus, we saw Rocky Mountain Big Horns!!!!!!!!!!!!