“Spicy and Healthy”
Review of The Curry Leaf Restaurant - CLOSED

The Curry Leaf Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Sri Lankan
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Don't go if you have an aversion to "spicy". Otherwise, my wife and I would encourage anyone to enjoy one of the finest restaurants in all of Colorado Springs. According to Lana, the proprietor, it's also one of only eight such Sri Lankan establishments in the entire U.S. She's done a wonderful job decorating a wide open dining room, which also is furnished with a couple comfortable waiting areas for takeout service, with cultural artifacts and illustrations. The zesty menu, featuring curry and deviled entries, offers flavor extraordinaire with a nice selection of desserts that quickly will soothe your taste buds from the heat. Preservative-free, mouthwatering cuisine at very affordable prices, centrally located to boot. Can't beat it.

1  Thank DaveM709

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Passing through Colorado Springs we wanted to dine at an Indian restaurant. I found Curry Leaf on TA and we went. Our server was courteous and quick. The menu is small, but maybe that's because we were there for lunch. We had two entrees of the fish curry. I was told that it's not spicy, but it was definitely on the spicy side. For dessert we had coconut and caramel custard which was the best I'd ever tasted. I also want to note that their interior is pretty cool.

When I called to check if they're open all day, they are and also I was told that they moved. NEW ADDRESS: 231 N Tejan st.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Tiny place, up front and personal service from the owner/chef, very good food.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

The curry chicken and dal lentils are must haves for sure. If it's just two of you just get one order because there is so much food to just one order. Perfect amount for a date night. Also ask for the "bread" that they make. I do not remember what it was called, I just know it made the meal even better. The waiter had a little attitude but he loosed up a little during our meal....kinda. The food was still amazing :)

Reviewed February 3, 2012

We wanted to try several of the deviled dishes, but our server informed us they had no peppers. He had told his boss, but the boss hadn't rectified the situation. How can you not have one of the critical ingredients for half the entrees on your menu?!! So we tried a few of the curries. The chicken curry, their "specialty," was decent. The beef curry was uninspired. The pineapple curry was interesting and the mango curry was quite good. So the food is very uneven and management questionable. Service is efficient and the atmosphere nondescript. They also do not have a liquor license (they supposedly are working on it) so you can't get wine. This may not be an issue if you're there for lunch (we were there for dinner). Don't know that I'm willing to give them another chance.