My wife & I headed to Colorado Springs for a July 4th weekend getaway and had a wonderful time. We were greeted at the door and immediately directed to the registration desk. I am a platinum member in the Marriott system and was upgraded to a Jr. Suite on the 8th floor. A little pursuation got us an upgrade to a Jr. Suite on the 9th floor (concierge level). The suite was a corner room with great views of Pikes Peak and the mountain range to the south. For some reason, the staff could not "get it" that there were 2 people in the room. This was evident by 1 robe, 1 towel set, 1 chocolate in the evening, 1 wine glass when ordered via room service, etc .... We constantly had to call down to get the second item when there should have been 2 based on our reservation. The accomodations were very nice. The king bed was a pillowtop mattress and there were at least 9 pillows on the bed! There were 2 flat screen televisions with the larger being in the bedroom area which included a special interface to use the screen as a monitor. This was useful to view digital stills taken during the day at various activities around the area. There was a nice desk with an integrated personal safe as well as a wireless telephone handset . The room had Wi-Fi connectivity which was strong and did not drop out. The bed headboard had 2 articulated spotlights for reading at night - not to disturb the spouse. The robes were cushy and our experience was nothing short of excellent. I was puzzled by the "Noise Policy" signs posted everywhere you turned. They have a very aggressive niose policy which basically warns you on the first offense, has non registered guests leave (evicted) at the second warning. The 3rd offense causes the guest to be removed. I can only guess that they must have had a noise issue. Except for the occasional pitter patter of children's feet, the place was virtually silent. The restaurant & bar were quite nice and never really crowded. The indoor pool and exercise room looked very nice although we never used either of them. The outdoor pool and spa appeared to be well maintained and both were in working order. The hotel staff was very knowledgable about the area (restaurants, attractions) and was willing to mapquest anything you wanted to go do or see. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to the businessman, a traveling couple with older kids or no kids. Small children seemed to be out of place here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a picturesque setting at Colorado Springs Marriott. Our beautiful Colorado Springs, Colorado provides great views of Pikes Peak and convenient access to Garden of the Gods and other popular attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Colorado Springs Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colorado Springs Marriott Hotel Colorado Springs
- Marriott Colorado Springs