“Great View-Great Stay”

Colorado Springs Marriott
Ranked #34 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed July 12, 2009

We stayed here over the 4th of July weekend. What a great view we had of Pikes Peak from our window. We were able to watch several firework shows from the window. The rooms are clean and spacious. The hotel is on a hill and isolated from traffic and other hotels. The only drawback is that you have to go north to Academy Blvd. to get to any restaurants, but the hotel was great. I would avoid the hotel restaurant at all costs, and I mean COSTS. The breakfast buffet was 14.95 and was the same that is provided at Comfort Suites for free. This would be your best bet for a hotel in this area.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Redsfan_7

Reviewed June 28, 2009

We got a fantasitc deal on a two night stay at this hotel. The kids enjoyed the pool, though they need to spend a little money and fix it up some. Other than that, place was as wonderful as you expect the Marriott to be.

In room internet is too expensive, though it is free in the lobby. It's just a pain to go down there to tend to business.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank saholleman
Reviewed June 28, 2009

When my wife and I checked in we wanted a room with a king sized bed, since it was our honeymoon. We were told that since they were overbooked all they had left were rooms with 2 double beds. Then we were lectured by the gentlemen checking us in that we should have booked through the hotel's website instead of Hotwire to ensure a room with a king sized bed.

The rooms were fine except for the fact that the walls were paper thin and you could hear people in the other rooms around you. Our room was located next to the stairwell. The hotel staff would use this stairwell all day long and always slammed the door behind them. This becomes very annoying at 6am.

Wireless internet is free in the lobby, but $10 a day if you want it in your room. I tried ordering it in my room, but the staff could not figure out how to get the wireless internet working in my room.

The hotel itself is alright, but the staff could use some help.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2009

The staff was friendly and professional at all times. Since I was staying 3 days they made sure I had a mountain view room. Spectacular! I spent time at the pool, in the bar area, in the fitness room, and at the restaurant.

The restaurant food left a little to be desired. Being at that star rating of hotel I expected a bit more.

All public facilities were very comfortable and well kept.

The only complaint I have is the doors shut too loudly. People staying in adjoining rooms do not shut the door behind them, they let the automatic closers do it and they do it very loudly.

I wish the outdoor pool and hot tub would remain open after dark. A soak under the stars would have been better than inside. They do have an indoor pool so you don't have to do without all together which is a plus.

Very quiet location. Draw back is it's not walking distance to a lot of amenities. The hotel does offer a free shuttle to anywhere within 7 miles so that is helpful.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Arrived for a 3 night stay and first room we received was on 2nd floor overlooking lobby and lobby bar. Bar was noisy until midnight and beyond; hard to sleep. Next day asked for another room and received an upgrade to a mountain-view room on the 9th floor, the concierge level, and all the amenities that come with that (breakfast was very satisfying). Indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs; used indoor facilities and they were nice and well-maintained. Very pleased with stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2009

I went to Colorado Springs to visit my brother, and I stayed here. The water dispenser in the lobby is a nice convenience. They fill it with water, ice, and a fruit of the day. My personal favorite was the cherry and pineapple water. The front desk is helpful, especially with finding local restaurants to eat at. They provided us with a packet of all of their recommended restaurants, categorized by type of food, and their location and directions. Also provided were the menus of the restaurants, which are located near the front desk in a scrapbook type binder. I found this very helpful when choosing where to eat.

Now for the cons. First off, we stayed in a "Junior Suite" on the Concierge level. It wasn't much of a suite at all, and the complementary concierge level breakfast in the concierge lounge? Pathetic. It is closed on weekends, except for Sundays, which they have Hors Devours, or less formally cheese, crackers, and a different mini-entree, for example, tacos with spanish rice. It really wasn't anything special, but they did have a free cooler where we could get pop from. Oh, and the dessert I was indulging in on Sunday evening? Cookies. Not much of a diverse array of cookies either, there was chocolate chip, macadamia nut, and two other flavors which I didn't pay much attention to (I am a chocolate chip kind of person.)
The elevators. They worked great, except we got stuck in the middle elevator twice, so just avoid that one. You also have to pay for the wireless internet, unless you are in the lobby.

Overall, this Marriot was a weak one. Usually I am impressed and more than satisfied with Marriot hotels, but this one just didn't jump out at me. The elevators were a very large turnoff for me. I don't like to have my heart pound as I step on, and feel relief as I step off. For the prices of this hotel, the service is average, maybe almost below. They could do better.

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed January 17, 2009

Loved this Marriott with great view of mountains included. Room was clean and updated with Marriott bedding and flat screens. Full buffet breakfast complete with great fruit bar and made to order omelettes. Great interlude enroute to skiing. Pool, hot tub and sauna great, Staff very accomodating.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)