The Colorado Springs Marriott provides some fine accommodations and is well suited for both business travelers and tourists. Just off I-25 Exit 148 at Rockrimmon Blvd. in the Colorado Springs Technological Center, this hotel is at a prime location for visitors to the Air Force Academy and the many high-tech enterprises on the north side of the city. The property features fantastic views of the city and surrounding countryside, especially at night, from just about every room.
Entry is almost breathtaking. (It's not just the city's altitude.) The lobby, lounge, and bar are absolutely beautiful with wood, stone, and glass. Every one of the staff members I encountered over three days was pleasant and helpful. I was upgraded to a mini-suite, which, in addition to the modest bedroom, had a small sitting area with a couch, coffee table, and a flat-screen TV. The king-size, pillow-top bed really was comforting after a long trip and full days of meetings.
I can't comment on the food in Zebulon's Grill, the on-site restaurant, since I didn't eat there, but the menu had a creative selection of southwestern dishes. The ones I saw smelled and looked tasty. The bar proved to be a very popular spot with hotel patrons. There are no restaurants within easy walking distance, but a short drive will get you to the best eateries in the Springs. The concierge lounge on the ninth floor is what you would expect from a top-notch Marriott. You can get room service from 6:30 AM to 11:00 PM.
The fitness center and indoor pool are pretty standard. You can also enjoy a dry sauna. The outdoor pool and whirlpool were closed during my October stay.
The Colorado Springs airport is 20-30 minutes south of the Marriott, and the hotel does not offer a shuttle service. Since taxis are relatively expensive here, you should expect the fare to be around $40-45. There may be alternative transportation services, but I had a rental car and did not investigate other options.
The Colorado Springs Marriott bills itself as a luxury property, and for the most part this is accurate. Whether you're here visiting, touring, or having meetings, it offers just every basic amenity the traveler could want. I think it's a real oasis, and I hope to stay again when I return in a few months.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a picturesque setting at Colorado Springs Marriott. Our beautiful Colorado Springs, Colorado provides great views of Pikes Peak and convenient access to Garden of the Gods and other popular attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Colorado Springs Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colorado Springs Marriott Hotel Colorado Springs
- Marriott Colorado Springs