“Businessman or tourist, a great place to bed down”

Colorado Springs Marriott
Ranked #37 of 103 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed October 10, 2008

The Colorado Springs Marriott provides some fine accommodations and is well suited for both business travelers and tourists. Just off I-25 Exit 148 at Rockrimmon Blvd. in the Colorado Springs Technological Center, this hotel is at a prime location for visitors to the Air Force Academy and the many high-tech enterprises on the north side of the city. The property features fantastic views of the city and surrounding countryside, especially at night, from just about every room.

Entry is almost breathtaking. (It's not just the city's altitude.) The lobby, lounge, and bar are absolutely beautiful with wood, stone, and glass. Every one of the staff members I encountered over three days was pleasant and helpful. I was upgraded to a mini-suite, which, in addition to the modest bedroom, had a small sitting area with a couch, coffee table, and a flat-screen TV. The king-size, pillow-top bed really was comforting after a long trip and full days of meetings.

I can't comment on the food in Zebulon's Grill, the on-site restaurant, since I didn't eat there, but the menu had a creative selection of southwestern dishes. The ones I saw smelled and looked tasty. The bar proved to be a very popular spot with hotel patrons. There are no restaurants within easy walking distance, but a short drive will get you to the best eateries in the Springs. The concierge lounge on the ninth floor is what you would expect from a top-notch Marriott. You can get room service from 6:30 AM to 11:00 PM.

The fitness center and indoor pool are pretty standard. You can also enjoy a dry sauna. The outdoor pool and whirlpool were closed during my October stay.

The Colorado Springs airport is 20-30 minutes south of the Marriott, and the hotel does not offer a shuttle service. Since taxis are relatively expensive here, you should expect the fare to be around $40-45. There may be alternative transportation services, but I had a rental car and did not investigate other options.

The Colorado Springs Marriott bills itself as a luxury property, and for the most part this is accurate. Whether you're here visiting, touring, or having meetings, it offers just every basic amenity the traveler could want. I think it's a real oasis, and I hope to stay again when I return in a few months.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed September 23, 2008

My husband and I were in CS for his 10 year reunion from USAFA. The class of '73, '78 and '98 were all in the same hotel. It was a little crowded and loud. The lobby is nice and the bar area is decent. We only ate in the resteraunt for breakfast and always had the buffet. I will say that the buffet was good, lots of choices. Our room was alright. We asked for a King bed room and there were none left, so we ended up in the 2 double bed room. It was clean and the beds were comfy. Decor was nice. The view was of the swimming pool and some mountain views. Housekeeping was good and friendly. You recieve a complimentary newspaper each morning. There is tea and coffee in the room. Flat screen TV. All in all a nice place to stay. I think that is was loud at night and slamming of doors in the middle of the night because they had 3 class reunions staying there at once. You get a bunch of old cadets together and they start telling stories of "when they were a smack" and it's going to get a little rowdy. Nice place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2008

This was definitely a pleasant surprise for us!

I've stayed at the Marriott before, and no offense, but I've always viewed them as a "high end Motel 6" in some areas. This one, NOT WHAT I EXPECTED! The lobby was amazing and so upscale - our room was beautiful and the beds were so comfortable I felt like I should pay them more than the $109.00 for our single night stay!

Great Service:
I let the Front Desk know I had (1) pregnant sister with me and requested an early check-in on our way to the State Fair to avoid having to do it that night on our way back up. He put a RUSH on housekeeping to accommodate that (we checked in at 11am - normal time is 3pm) AND gave us a room with a view of Pikes Peak feeling 'us girls' , especially my pregnant sis, would enjoy it after a long day at the fair!

Marriott Restaurant (a little pricey):
Only one thing to consider -- The restaurant inside the Marriott is pretty pricey, we only ate there for breakfast. The food is pretty basic for prices ranging to $31.00 per dish. Buffet is $14.95 for basic breakfast items - fruit, french toast, bacon, potato, bagels, omelettes.

Great Surroundings:
No traffic noise, plenty of mountain views, parking is plentiful, handicap accessible, friendly staff and easy to find off the freeway! *Check out ZIOS for dinner - Italian*

I would (and have already) suggested this hotel to my friends and family. I'm still shocked about how beautiful the lobby and our room was!!!!

Happy Trails!
Jennifer

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Upon arrival, around 11:00 p.m., we were greeted near the entrance by a half dozen deer! A couple males had some beautiful racks. The hotel itself could not have been better. The room has all the new amenities including the HD flat screen TV and terrific bedding with all the pillows one could use. We dined on room service and in the restaurant a handful of times and were never disappointed by the food or the service (which was great). This property is located just off I-25 and we found it central to all the activities Colorado Springs has to offer.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2008

Nice hotel, very comfortable rooms. The restaurant was above average serving good food as a respectable price. The only negative is that no Marriott should charge for WIFI. It may be the deterent to staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2008

Very clean - GREAT renovation - love the contemporary feel. A full-service hotel so not a lot of extra touches for free.

• Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed July 19, 2008

OK, so I normally stay at Residence Inns and Courtyards, but we had a convention at the CS Marriott. The hotel was in a beautiful location and the rooms were nicely appointed. However, I had to pay for internet and breakfast. It just doesn't seem like a good value compared to other hotels in the Marriott chain. Great place to have a convention though. They had large meeting rooms that were versitile.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business