“Conceirge Floor hospitality was great”

Colorado Springs Marriott
Ranked #28 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Nashville, Tennessee
“Conceirge Floor hospitality was great”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

After leaving one hotel and checking into this one I was ready for good customer service and hospitality. I was not disappointed. The staff was very accommodating. The view overlooking Pikes Peak is really pretty. (caution, it does not look like the website view) but it still has beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

Room Tip: I highly recommend a room with a view, facing west, towards the mountains. (the backside of the buil...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
cosmc, General Manager at Colorado Springs Marriott, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Garden City, Kansas
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Sitting on a hill by the Air Force Academy, the location provides a great mountain view (get a room facing the mountains). Book a room for NewYears or the 4th of July and you'll have a great view of firework displays from Pike's Peak and surrounding mountai tops. Great weekend package at a great deal in a great hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mark M
Thank you for your kind comments, please visit us again.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very nice hotel with breath taking views.
Just need more coffee for the coffee bar and cleaner bathrooms. There was a long blond hair in my tub and I have short brawn hair. Would stay again but would ask to see room before checking in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank levetotravel
I appreciate you comments and thank you for staying with us, I have passed them on to our housekeepingf staff to take the appropriate actions.
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Colorado Springs Marriott for two nights. The hotel is dated. Carpeting is worn and dirty looking. The room was an average size and the bedding was fresh - that was all fine. The bathroom fan did not work and there was actually mold sprouting in the bathroom ceiling. The ironing board was broken. One of the elevators had a very bumpy ride that was a bit disconcerting. The staff was all very pleasant and service was good. This could be a very nice hotel but it needs quite a bit of updating.

• Stayed August 2013
We very much appreciate you comments and your patronage. We hope you will visit us again in the future.
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Staff were professional, kind and courteous and hotel offer a delicious breakfast, quite and comfortable room and always provides a wonderful experience. I've stayed here several times and I've never been disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the very near future.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We reserved a Jr. Suite for a romantic weekend. In the description it said it was a corner room, therefore wrap around windows. I was very excited! When we got there, they said we got an "upgrade" to a suite and it was a lot larger. Got more excited. However, it turned out it WAS a suite but the room attached to our bedroom was a business conference room, complete with a conference table, etc. Not cool. Not romantic. When I called downstairs they said we got it because they were out of Jr. Suites! How could that be? Wasn't it "RESERVED"?? We checked in at 3pm! Very disappointed to say the least. I thought Marriott was better than that! If they have to substitute than it should indeed be better, not a conference room. The plus was that we got two bathrooms. :) And of course there were plenty of pens and pads of paper if we wanted them! :)

Everything else was Marriott quality ~ good service, nice hotel, etc. And the mountain view was pretty. I liked the location, too, away from downtown but convenient to everything. I would stay there again as long as they gave us what we reserved.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Annie055
Thank you for your patronage, I am please that you enjoyed you stay inspite of not having the room type requested.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed at this FULL service (or should I say LACK of service) Marriott this past Labor Day weekend. Upon check in, the night manager gave us another families room key, because "he thought we were with them". I asked for a room with a view if the Rockies and he said, " you dont get views when you use Marriott points". I bet Hilton or Hyatt would give a loyal customer a view room.

After finally getting to our room, it was simple with torn wallpaper in the bathroom.

On Saturday night, my son experienced altitude sickness and unfortunate vomited on the bedding. We called for clean linen and a trash bag, which they said they would bring right up. A security guard delivered a MATTRESS PAD and plastic bag ONLY! I called the front desk and they informed me there were NO extra blankets, but would send a comforter. When they knocked again, it was another MATTRESS PAD. Seriously, there are no blankets in this entire hotel?

The next morning we wrapped up the vomit laden comforter in the plastic bag and left it in the restroom for housekeeping.

On Sunday, we left the hotel early and returned about 14 hours later. Imagine our shock to find the bagged vomit laden comforter STILL in our room, the bed STILL no linens or blankets. Yet, housekeeping had been in our room because there was fresh towels and soap.

I will NEVER stay at this Marriott again. We are frequent traveler, and were loyal Marriott guest, but after this horrific stay, we will be reconsidering our accommodations of choice.

Do not stay at this poorly managed hotel

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank TiffanyTerrell
Thank for your response and I certainly understand your dissapointment. I can assure you that it is not the norm. I hope you will consider staying with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide the service you deserve.