New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #28 of 108 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
“Fabulous Stay !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

My wife and I had a night out and we had fabulous stay at the Marriott property in Colorado Springs. Beautiful property, great lobby, corner room with a very nice view ! Mary the breakfast lady came and talked to us after we had gotten our breakfast and she was so nice. Beds were great, quiet room and fitness center was a plus ! Well done folks.

Room Tip: Try it out !
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Jim B, General Manager at Colorado Springs Marriott, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
I appreciate your kind comments and so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please return real soon and enjoy our service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

This hotel was a pleasant surprise and provided my family and I a great place to stay while in Colorado Springs. We had some trouble with check-in (we booked through a third party) but the friendly staff at the front desk were quick to fix the issues and even upgraded our room for the hassle. The rooms were clean and modern, and provided a great view to Pike's Peak. Additionally, the hotel dining was great (which is rare for me) and we ate at the hotel restaurant almost every day. Overall, the Colorado Spring Marriott was a great find!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
I thank you for your comments and happy that our staff was able to take care of your needs. Our goal is to exceed all of our guest expectations. Hope to see you again in the near future.
Ladera Ranch, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I've never given a one star review of a hotel before, but I stayed here two nights ago and am still recovering from my sleepless night at CS Marriott.

The people were nice and they upgraded me to a Jr Suite with a beautiful view of Pikes Peak. The room, however, smelled musty upon entrance and when I went to open one of the windows I noticed there were no less than 5 moths already inside. These things were huge and gross.

Got over all that and was enjoying the location of the hotel until it came time to sleep. Despite being exhausted, I couldn't sleep a wink. The beds are WAY too hard for my comfort. As a result, the only sleep I got was a couple hours on the couch in the room. It was a great disappointment as I expect a lot more out of the Marriott name and it's really turned me off to the brand. Where's the quality control and consistency? I stay 30+ nights a year at Starwood properties and now I know to continue doing so!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here for one night, in order to explore the area (Pike's Peak, Garden of the Gods, AF Academy). The cookies and beverages in the lobby were a nice touch. The dinner recommendations were good. Room was clean and toiletries were top-notch. Overall, no complaints. Got a great deal on a popular travel website, so it ended up being a fantastic value for us.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Pueblo West, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

A friend and I stayed here for New Years Eve and we both found it very comfortable. Major Mandolin's New Year's Gala was wonderful with two bands; mixed crowd couples, singles, families with teens to people in their 80s...all appeared to have enjoyed it. The evening buffet was reasonably good and the breakfast buffet absolutely excellent.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jim B, General Manager at Colorado Springs Marriott, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
We appreciate your comments and your patronage, please visit us again and enjoy our great service.
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here the past few days for a long weekend. We flew in from Texas for a friend's wedding & decided to make a little mini-vacation out of it. :)

The hotel was easy to find, and (perched up on a hill) it had some awesome views of the mountains! Check in was simple - even though we discovered a glitch in the reservation (they had us down as 2 nights instead of 4). The person working the desk simply clicked a few buttons on her computer & fixed it in about 3 seconds. When my husband asked if we happened to be in a room facing the mountains, she confirmed that indeed we had a room on the end of the hall with a mountain view.

While I was disappointed to find a room with 2 double beds (we reserved a King room) when we opened the door, all that melted away when we checked out the view through our picture window. I have to say, that was definitely worth waking up to each day!

The side table by the arm chair was a bit beat up, and the charger panel at the desk (where you plug in computer/phone/etc) was lose and wiggled on the wall when I unplugged anything. The hair dryer was sub-par... kinda reminded me of the one my parents had about 15-20 years ago. The wi-fi was experiencing some issues while we were there as well.

I think with some updates in the rooms, this property could really shine!

The staff were all polite.
Our arrival was late lunch-time, but the guy working the bar area welcomed us warmly and was quick to get us a warm lunch. A couple nights later, we ate in the hotel restaurant & had the pecan glazed chicken - delish.

We were extremely close to Garden of the gods & Pikes Peak highway/national forest. Also close by were many restaurants and stores. Our fave restaurant was Marigold - we even went back for a second time the night before we left - DELICIOUS.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a mountain view
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
I very much appreciate your comments and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service we provided. Even though the hotel building is over 20 years old we constantly working to keep it new and fresh. We hope to see you in the near future.
Castle Rock, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed the night and really enjoyed this hotel. Used to live in Colorado Springs, so we knew the location well. It is in a wooded business park area and some might not think this is a good place to stay. But it is in between the Air Force Academy and downtown, with easy access to I25. So it is convenient to just about everything. There are no restaurants immediately around the hotel, but there are plenty within a 2-3 mile drive over on Garden of the Gods Rd, up Mark Dabling Blvd or in the Chapel Hills Mall area. Hotel was clean, quiet, comfortable, and very reasonably priced for a full service Mariott. Of course, we got our Marriott omelet in the morning. The breakfast buffet was loaded and fresh. They had a great homemade Green Chili sauce which was terrific. (I am picky about this.) Hotel staff was VERY friendly and accommodating. Even though it was quite busy, the hotel staff handled my typical requests with ease. I would definitely recommend this Marriott when in Colorado Springs.

Room Tip: Get a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your kind comments, we appreciate your business and hope you'll return for another enjoyable stay.