“Excellent view, food good not great”

Cheyenne Mountain Resort
Reserve with OpenTable
Cheyenne Mountain Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #244 of 1,457 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Picked this place for the amazing view of the rockies and we were not disappointed. the staff is friendly and efficient. we chose the buffet as the entrees a la carte were almost twice as much. buffet had great variety and is of good quality, but it is a buffet.

1  Thank vincent p
There are newer reviews for Cheyenne Mountain Resort

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family and I ate at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort twice while staying at the resort. We had the dinner buffet one time and the lunch buffet another time. Both meals where very, very good. If you have the lunch buffet you can chose between the soup, salad, and sandwich buffet or full buffet option. The soup, salad, and sandwich buffet is more then enough to get you full and the two children we had with us got to eat for free with a paid adult. The dinner buffet was just as good and it got nothing but good praise from everyone in our party. Great food and great staff to take care of you. There is also a sitting area outside that will give you amazing views of the mountain side.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was here with my husband and friend for Mother's Day buffet brunch. We live in town, so didn't stay at the hotel. Only reviewing the restaurant. Excellent hot and cold food selections, decent deserts. Although baklava couldn't possibly compare with baklava my husband makes from scratch :) Fantastic views. Nice outdoor patio. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is the service. It was a little slow and our check was wrong twice.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This place had promise, after a careful review and small tastings from the buffet, for Seafood night, was disappointing. There were two highlight from the many selections. I didn't sample the salade bar, because it was the usual. Smoked salmon and the usual, cream cheese, capers etc. it was the rest of the food that peeked my curiosity, because seafood buffet and Colorado Springs do not promise me fresh seafood.Yes I realize there is air shipping and I certainly prayed that would be the case.
To start, I began with the raw bar of oysters and boiled shrimp. First indicator was the color of the previously frozen and pealed shrimp. Memories of frozen Costco. I did have to taste, to confirm my fear. What a waste of shrimp. Then the off tasting oysters, with fear of circumstances the next day or even a few short hours later, i stopped at the first one. Then I sampled the king crab, and realized this may be my dinner. As I returned to get this selection, I noticed many of the dinners, that appeared to be most content with their meals, were also eating the crab. My son commented that the salmon dish was very good. Well, he was correct. Amazing, how the chef could produce a well prepared piece of salmon in a chafing dish, and not get a dried out over cooked piece of fish. Since every other restaurant, where I have dined on salmon, in The Springs has been over cooked and hard.
When I am in the mood for King crab, I will return to this buffet.

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Romantic setting with mountain backdrop is the perfect location for your next seafood buffet. Impeccable! Enjoy a glass of wine, sample the numerous desserts, salads, and entrees. Yes, it may seem pricey, but this will be a memorable meal and is worth twice the cost.