“excellent buffet brunch”

Cheyenne Mountain Resort
Reserve with OpenTable
Cheyenne Mountain Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #244 of 1,466 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was here with my husband and friend for Mother's Day buffet brunch. We live in town, so didn't stay at the hotel. Only reviewing the restaurant. Excellent hot and cold food selections, decent deserts. Although baklava couldn't possibly compare with baklava my husband makes from scratch :) Fantastic views. Nice outdoor patio. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is the service. It was a little slow and our check was wrong twice.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This place had promise, after a careful review and small tastings from the buffet, for Seafood night, was disappointing. There were two highlight from the many selections. I didn't sample the salade bar, because it was the usual. Smoked salmon and the usual, cream cheese, capers etc. it was the rest of the food that peeked my curiosity, because seafood buffet and Colorado Springs do not promise me fresh seafood.Yes I realize there is air shipping and I certainly prayed that would be the case.
To start, I began with the raw bar of oysters and boiled shrimp. First indicator was the color of the previously frozen and pealed shrimp. Memories of frozen Costco. I did have to taste, to confirm my fear. What a waste of shrimp. Then the off tasting oysters, with fear of circumstances the next day or even a few short hours later, i stopped at the first one. Then I sampled the king crab, and realized this may be my dinner. As I returned to get this selection, I noticed many of the dinners, that appeared to be most content with their meals, were also eating the crab. My son commented that the salmon dish was very good. Well, he was correct. Amazing, how the chef could produce a well prepared piece of salmon in a chafing dish, and not get a dried out over cooked piece of fish. Since every other restaurant, where I have dined on salmon, in The Springs has been over cooked and hard.
When I am in the mood for King crab, I will return to this buffet.

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Romantic setting with mountain backdrop is the perfect location for your next seafood buffet. Impeccable! Enjoy a glass of wine, sample the numerous desserts, salads, and entrees. Yes, it may seem pricey, but this will be a memorable meal and is worth twice the cost.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We we went to visit there was some events going on. With all the traffic it still was roomy. Nice views, nice balcony, great food, and staff. Everyone seemed to know where they were going and what they were suppose to be doing. That is alway a nice thing when so much is going on. I would give this resort a 10! We went went with friends and the boys loved their time in the bar with the pool tables.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I am reviewing the restaurant. We did not stay at the hotel yet I hope to some day since it appeared to be a very nice upscale property yet not stuffy and very friendly. We had a party of 6 for lunch. The atmosphere is Colorado cabin with lots of woodwork, windows, gorgeous stunning views of cheyenne mountain and the golf course, and exceptionally clean. They had a full lunch menu yet we opted for the all you can eat soup, salad, and dessert buffet which included fresh hot chipolte beef sandwhiches from the chef. The salad bar was fresh and vibrant, there were also cold cuts and cheese and well as a variety of breads, one flavor of soup (mushroom rice) that was very good, and cheescake, chocolate strawberries, and fruit tarts as well as about 4 other dessert selections. I really enjoyed the lunch yet this didnt earn a 5 rating from me since the selection was small and I do suspect the mushroom rice soup was made with an instant rice (i may be wrong but I detected that instant rice chemical taste). Also, I felt the 14.00 price was a bit high for the selection offered. Yet I am intrigued enough to want to come back for the Sunday brunch next time I am in Colorado Springs.