“Excellent dinner, so-so dessert”
Review of Springs Orleans

Springs Orleans
Reserve with OpenTable
Springs Orleans is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,495 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Nevada
Description: Springs Orleans is dishing up local favorites and Cajun Classics! We are the hottest restaurant and bar in Downtown Colorado Springs. Whether you are craving a burger, a salad or some amazing étouffée, Springs Orleans has something to please everyone. Executive Chef Jason Miller has created a menu that is as affordable as it is delicious. From your appetizer to your dessert - which is made fresh in house daily, you won't be disappointed. Laissez le Bon temp rouller! (As they say in New Orleans - Let the Good Times Roll! )
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Excellent meal and service. I had the beef medallions and my husband had the shrimp and grits. Both dishes were superb. The dessert, however, was nothing special. I had the banana pudding and my husband had the bread pudding. Both were mediocre at best. Not terrible, but definitely not anything to write home about.
Our server was excellent. Attentive, nice, and knew the menu.

We will definitely visit again - but will hold off on dessert.

1  Thank Hellerfab5

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I love this place and the bonus is the Wyndham next door..

We had a Private X-Mas party upstairs. It was a perfect location and the food was wonderful. It is our second year coming here and everyone enjoyed the space, privicey and price.
My only complaint was the two waitress's serving us kept giving us weird,dirty looks.. I could not tell what was going on? they were over to the side whispering and being very unprofessional. I chalk it up to young staff.. but still no excuse.

Beside that it was wonderful and we will be back.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Arriving before an event for the evening, we were greeted with the standard "Do you have a reservation?" (As a side note, there were six empty tables visible.) I replied "no." They looked at their chart and then said, "Could you be out of here by 7:30?" I should have said "I can be out of here right now." However, due to a downtown parade, getting to another venue would have been difficult. I replied that yes, we were attending an event that began at 7. We were asked if we would prefer downstairs or upstairs and were immediately seated into a booth. After looking at the menu, I asked about the shrimp and grits--if the sausage was an addition. I was told it came that way so the sausage couldn't be removed. I then asked about the vegetarian option of the day. As someone who eats many vegetarian meals, I find what they serve says a lot about the chef and restaurant. While I was hoping for something along the lines of grits with greens or other "cajun" type meal, unfortunately, the server told me it was the ubiquitous pasta. She explained the option had sliced red pepper, mozzarella cheese along with other cheeses and mushrooms. I then had to ask if it came with pasta or rice. That is when I found out it was pasta. My daughter ordered the french onion soup. Neither meal came with any bread or side. The three half slices of mozzarella were so bland they had no flavor at all. The pasta was something anyone could make easily at home lacking any spice or consistency. Mushrooms were simply cut and tossed into the mix so they remained neutral. The soup also lacked any flavor though there were plenty of onions. Didn't seem like it had allowed to simmer long enough to allow the flavor to permeate the onions. The soup was on par with a standard chain restaurant. The house wine: Chateau Michelle, similar to a Riesling was good. With such a poor meal, we almost decided to skip dessert. However, we went ahead and opted for the classic beignet. This was the best part of the meal. They arrived hot and crisp with the powdered sugar. Our waitress was perfunctory and never asked if we would like coffee or other drink with the beignet. Atmosphere is nice. Downstairs is bright while upstairs looks more intimate and darker. The piano player was wonderful and added a nice touch to the experience. It is an enjoyable place to meet with friends for a drink or an after show coffee and dessert. The service and food still need some kinks worked out.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Ok, if you want something different and new in the Springs, go eat at this restaurant. It has great service, and a great bar. Scott and Diamond at the bar make a mean and tasty Manhattan. The chef comes from New Orleans and you would swear youa re in LA when you eat the food. It is quite simply the best shrimp and grits i have ever had.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were staying at the Wyndham and had dinner here. The food was great (very Gluten-free friendly). It's a bit pricy but that's what we expect with a hotel restaurant.

1  Thank Unwaz