First Ascent Mountain School
Ranked #7 of 25 Tours in Colorado Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: World Class Adventures for the whole family. First Ascent is the premier option for any adventure on the front range, and is sure to be the highlight of your visit. ALL of our guides and instructors are certified by the American Mountain Guides Association, so no matter the adventure you are always in the best hands possible! Come experience one of our unforgettable Rock Climbing, Ice Climbing, Mountain Biking or Snowshoeing adventures. With First Ascent Mountain School you will experience Garden of the Gods and Colorado Springs like never before!
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Last Sunday, a guide from First Ascent took my family on their first outdoor rock climbing trip to Garden of the Gods. We had a wonderful time! The guide was knowledgeable, considerate, and really pushed us to do new climbing routes. We never felt unsafe, and he made sure we all had a great time. I would highly recommend First Ascent to anybody - new to rock climbing or not. He was excellent in working with our small kids, and impressed with their attitude and abilities. We'll be coming back again and agin!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went back for another climbing adventure with John! This time we did a group of 3 at Garden of the Gods and I already can't wait to go back! John was a great teacher, always putting safety first while giving us the confidence to reach new heights! I would highly recommend this to locals and travelers alike, no matter what level of climber you are!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My buddy and I were lead on a half day adventure in Garden of The Gods, a location very familiar to us. Being residents of Colorado Springs, we have traveled around the coveted park on numerous occasions......only, from the ground. My buddy and I have a very basic knowledge of some rope systems, belaying, rappelling, and associated devices; emphasis on basic. John was able to tailor our time with him, to first and foremost remain safe, but also to challenge us to expand our limited knowledge base, both mentally and physically. He has a natural ability to listen to his customers, devise Plan A/Plan B/Plan C options, rig appropriate systems, explain what/why we are doing a process a specific way, all the while maintaining a personable, engaging, and witty demeanor. His confidence, skills, and abilities are easily understood, not by him telling us, rather through his consistent demonstration. HIs passion for climbing, and more importantly safe climbing, are evident in his desire to teach and help us get better! Thanks John! Also a big thank you to Molly for handling our scheduling and email inquires.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I would highly recommend First Ascent for a rock-climbing experience. They were organized, efficient, and personable. Our guide, John, was very safety conscience, fun to be with and he knew every inch of the area where we were climbing. Our girls (8 and 11) had climbed indoors, but never on actual rocks, and they were eager to try it. The each did three climbs and loved every minute of it. I was a bit more hesitant, but ended up enjoying the whole experience a lot more than I expected, and my husband had a blast. We would definitely go again. First Ascent makes rock climbing very accessible- to even a beginner. If there's even a tiny part of you that thinks you might want to try climbing, give these guys a call. They will make it easy, safe and fun.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Our grandsons and two of their friends, ages 15, enjoyed an afternoon of rock climbing with Sam J. None of the four had ever rock climbed. The closest they had ever come to climbing was a tree in their backyard. Sam was an incredibly patient, conscientious, gentle instructor. He coaxed the youth up and back down the rocks on three different climbs in the Garden. Two of the youth were more skeptical than the other two, requiring a fair amount of encouragement. Sam knew the rocks like the back of his hand. He could tell the youth where to place hands and feet with exact on detail. That kind of knowledge only comes from phenomenal experience.
From the very start, our experience with First Ascent Mountain School was a pleasant and professional. We would definitely recommend First Ascent Mountain School and would certainly book another rock climbing experience with them.