“Wonderful Experience!!”

First Ascent Mountain School
Ranked #7 of 25 Tours in Colorado Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: World Class Adventures for the whole family. First Ascent is the premier option for any adventure on the front range, and is sure to be the highlight of your visit. ALL of our guides and instructors are certified by the American Mountain Guides Association, so no matter the adventure you are always in the best hands possible! Come experience one of our unforgettable Rock Climbing, Ice Climbing, Mountain Biking or Snowshoeing adventures. With First Ascent Mountain School you will experience Garden of the Gods and Colorado Springs like never before!
Lakewood, Colorado
“Wonderful Experience!!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My friend and I had never been climbing, so we were a little nervous about what to expect. Our 1/2 day of climbing was with John at the Red Rocks Open Space! John was so professional, fun and made this adventure so incredible.
Thank you John.

Visited October 2012

Parker, Colorado
“Rock Climbing in Red Rock Canyon”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I also did our first outdoor climb with John, owner of First Ascent Mountain School. We have to echo Kara C's comments - had a blast and felt safe. Loved getting to the top of every climb! Also want to mention Molly - the behind-the-scene coordinator that made sure we had the information we needed. And with all the reschedules we made, she was amazing! Thanks to John and Molly for making our first out-door experience and incredible one. We are buying equipment now - you've won us over!

Visited October 2012
Colorado
“We Can't Wait to Schedule Another Climb!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I have done some indoor climbing and decided it was time to go outside. We scheduled a four-hour climbing experience with First Ascent and had a blast. John was incredibly competent and knowledgeable, which inspired confidence in us. We felt safe the entire time we climbed, even when we were climbing a difficult route. Furthermore, John and the rest of the office staff were very personable and accommodating. We look forward to another outdoor climb with First Ascent!

Denver, Colorado, United States
“Half day climbing in the Garden”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My 13 year old son and I drove down from Aurora for a guided climb of Garden of the Gods. We had a great time and our guide, John, was excellent.
We climbed 4 different routes on 3 different rocks and had a blast. Looking forward to climbing in Castlewood next.

Durham, North Carolina
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This was the first time I climbed and it was great. Our guide, John, was knowledgeable and patient. After scaling the walls of Red Rock Canyon, I would like to do this some more. First Ascent supplied everything we needed for a safe and enjoyable climb. I am from NC, and if I ever get back to the Springs, I will call for another climbing experience.