“Wish they would have kept the prosciutto in ths squash dish....”

El Padrino Mexicano
Ranked #132 of 1,486 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: El Padrino Mexicano is a locally owned restaurant in Colorado Springs featuring unique, authentic Mexican Food. Open 7 days a week, Colorado Springs Mexican restaurant fuses traditional Mexican dining with modern cooking techniques. The phenomenal bar which is separate from the main dining room includes a real waterfall. Patrons can enjoy a vibrant, lively atmosphere at regular tables or an intimate dinner or lunch in the tall back booths.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We've come to El Padrino's many times... usually sit in the bar area (booth) and get great service. We have sat in the restaurant part and got just ok service... not horrible, but I think the wait staff needs a little more training or experience. I think they have improved since they've been open with the service.

Now, let's talk about their drinks - Margaritas... very good! And not weak like you get at 3 Margs or Amanda's or the Carlo's Mexican!

They have RECENTLY made a few changes on their menu, I am sure to cut overhead costs some, but when you have a favorite dish and go somewhere just for that dish... and then they CHANGE the dish... well, I admit, I am VERY DISAPPOINTED.

They have a side dish of callabacinta's (not sure about that spelling) ... use to make it with prosciutto but now they are making it with bacon, and I just didn't like it as much : ( totally changes the dish and I loved it.

The food..., my favorite is the Salmon with a side of the best crispy Chili-Rellano.

My husband usually gets the fajitas, sometimes enchilada's... he mixes it up more than I do. The chips and salsa are delicious and they will bring you really hot hot sauce if you ask for it. I have had many dishes and I enjoyed them all... the only thing I didn't like was the jalapenos on the appetizer menu (literally grilled peppers)... not what I was expecting and they happily didn't charge us for them.

3  Thank kemss

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The reviews I read about El Padrino were so true, the service was awesome the food was AMAZING the first bite of stuffed sopapillas with shredded beef smothered in green sauce was heavenly. I wish that we had an El Padrino in Texas but next time we visit Colorado this is on the top of our list for restaurants.

4  Thank mhaskins83
Reviewed July 29, 2013

El Padrino is an amazing restaurant and totally a family restaurant. The food is awesome and I know that I will keep going back! The Staff, oh my gosh. They are top of things so fast you wont know what hit you. El Padrino is a totally out of this world restaurant and I really recommend it to anyone out there who wants really really good Mexican food!

4  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Service was prompt and friendly. They served chips and salsa (hot and mild) soon after seating you. We both had the stuffed sopapillas and they were tasty. Will definitely go back soon.

2  Thank Kay9040
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Last week I was visiting a friend in CO Springs and she took me to El Padrino Mexican Restaurant. The food was fresh and delicious. Even the side of black beans was great. We also shared a spinach salad that has a touch of Mexican flavors. Don't miss it! Share the salad or come back another time and give it a try. The service was excellent and the owner is friendly and right there to welcome everyone and to make sure you are happy with your food and service.If I lived in CO Springs it would be my go to place once a week. Try it... I think you will love it!

3  Thank pattyjo65