“Another Excellent Chain Restaurant”
Review of Cheddar's

Cheddar's
Ranked #117 of 1,472 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2012

This is my first visit to a Cheddar's Restaurant and I found it exceptional for a chain restaurant and rate it up there with Elephant Bar for the quality of food and atmosphere. My fiancee' and I both had chicken dishes and they were excellently prepared, tasted great, and were filling. This place does a high volume on weekends and we stopped in the bar first for a glass of wine, while we waited for a table. Very nice place and we plan to return.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

After friends telling me their great experiences after I had my bad one, I thought I'd give Cheddars another try. What a difference!

I had the shrimp which was done well though it had quite a bit of cayenne pepper and/or paprika in the breading. It was a little on the spicy side for me, but our great waitress never let the drinks go dry thank goodness. The carrots were a favorite once again.

My husband had a chicken dish that could have been shared by two. It had two large chicken breasts that were not dried out and still full of flavor. Their broccoli and cheese casserole has possibly become a new favorite also.

The bacon cheese fries as an appetizer are deadly and delicious.

This visit was successful enough to warrent giving the restaurant yet another try.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Have ate several times at Cheddar's because we love it so much. My
husband says the blackened catfish is wonderful and I almost always
have the Keywest chicken and schrimp. Everything is always wonderful.

Reviewed November 24, 2011

Wife had the salmon-overcooked and dry, and I had the lemon pepper chicken-again overcooked and dry. At least they are consistent. Service was friendly and attentive, but that didn't overcome the poor quality of the food.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

We saw this restuarant today for the first time and thought we would check into it. We called and asked if they had a gluten free menu - they said "yes" so we went in for an early dinner.

Turned out that they didn't have a gluten free menu - but they said the server would tell us the gluten free options. Turned out she was really nice but had no idea. The manager came out and gave me a few options - turns out that many of their dishes are prepared elsewhere and sent to them - a number have MSG as well as gluten. She said that they did have a dedicated fryer for gluten intolerance to french fries/potato skins were safe to eat.

To make it simple, I ordered a plain steak. Most of their chicken dishes have MSG and/or gluten in them as they come in already marinated. The seasoning on their steaks also has MSG/gluten. The server delivered the steak and said and here's your plain steak with no seasoning. Oops - it was covered in seasoning - the manager came out and said that they had a shift change while the meal was being prepared and the new chef figured no seasoning was just for the fries!

By the time, I got my dinner, my partner had finished his so we left with the steak in a box. He did very much enjoy the ribs - they were very tender and tasty. He also had chicken strips which he though were average. He enjoyed the brocolli cheddar side dish. He would go back - I would not. The food for me looked ok but a little more focus is needed in the kitchen to avoid mistakes that could make someone sick.

We saw some folks we knew there and the restaurant is a favorite of theirs. The prices are good and there is a lot of variety - southern comfort food!

2  Thank Bensus