“Logan was fantastic”

and up
Garden of the Gods Private Half Day of Climbing
Ranked #4 of 23 Tours in Colorado Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Most experienced rock climbing guide service in Colorado. We have tours that leave the Garden of the Gods Visitor and Nature center every half hour in the summer. We also provide full and half day private climbing adventures year-round.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Logan was fantastic”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

FRCC is a great operation and we had a wonderful morning with Logan. He was very enthusiastic and did a fantastic job teaching and demonstrating some of the technical aspects of climbing. Four thumbs up from us.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“A Perfect Summer Day Climbing with Patrick!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

If you only do one thing in Colorado Springs, make it climbing at Garden of the Gods. I had the absolute pleasure to get Patrick as my climbing guide. I had only climbed outdoors once or twice and Patrick knew exactly which climbs would challenge me--but weren't over my head. No matter if you have never set foot on a rock or have been climbing forever, I highly recommend Front Range Climbing Company and hope you are lucky enough to get Patrick as your guide.

Visited July 2013
College Park, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Climbing and Our Great Guide, Patrick!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were a group of four doing a half-day (4-hour) climb with the awesome Patrick. Our group was pretty varied in experience: one advanced climber, one intermediate, one beginner, and one total beginner. We each ended up doing 2 runs a piece, both of which were really challenging as we're generally used to climbing in gyms. The natural sandstone was a bit different. I almost regret not going 6-hour day with 4 people, but I know, as a beginner, I was pretty exhausted by the second climb, so maybe it was just right. The views were amazing. Also don't be surprised if some of the park walkers stop and wave or take pictures as you climb. Really good motivator.

Patrick was friendly and awesome: fun to chit chat with and really down for sharing his technical/climbing knowledge. Would totally go climbing with him as a guide again.

Definitely bring plenty of water and some snacks (FRCC's site advises a couple of quarts and I think some energy bars would have done for snacks). Be diligent with the sunblock. Don't be surprised if you come back with some scrapes and bruises and I would definitely wear pants that cover at least your knees (quite a few scraped and bruised knees in our group).

Definitely recommend.

Jonesboro, Arkansas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Experience...Great for Kids”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My 9 year old daughter and I did a half day climb with them recently and it was fantastic. I have a little climbing experience while my daughter's experience was limited to an indoor climbing gym. Logan was our guide was great. He focused on safety we learned a lot during our time.. Not only that, he was a fun person to hang out with and talk climbing with for 4 hours.
We initially were going to climb in the Garden of the Gods but because of the rain and slick rock, we climbed in Cheyenne Canyon. We did 5 pitches ranging from 5.3 to 5.7 and 40-100 ft. Those 4 hours flew by.
Front Range provides all of the gear, so don't worry about bringing anything. If you are hesitant about doing this because of lack of experience or you think your kids are too young, don't be. Go ahead and do it. You won't regret it and it's one of those vacation memories that you or your children won't forget.
Don't forget to tip your guide!

Aurora, Colorado
“Patrick "The Mountain Goat"”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

FRCC and Patrick "The Mountain Goat"-
Thank you for an absolutely EPIC day on the rock!
I did the full day climb at Garden of the Gods while on my "Man-cation" and it was amazing! This was only the second time I have been climbing - Patrick tailored the trip to exactly what I was hoping for. We did a full 9 pitches including slab and multi-pitch and much more. I cannot recommend this trip highly enough no matter what your skill level.
Thank you again for an amazing adventure! I plan to be back and if you are looking to start an amazing sport this is the place to begin.

Patrick you are an awesome guide! I'd tell everyone to request you but then you might not be available for my next trip! :P

Visited July 2013