“Delicious”
Review of Jose Muldoon's

Jose Muldoon's
Reserve with OpenTable
Jose Muldoon's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #336 of 1,432 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Powers Blvd.
“Delicious”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

If you're in the mood for a delicious Mexican meal, this is an excellent choice. Great food & service. Margaritas were awesome, too! Both dining room & bar seating available.

Visited December 2013

Pueblo West, Colorado
“Two Locations...Consistently Good”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Jose Muldoon's is a consistently good restaurant with attentive service. Today, my wife and I went to the S. Carefree, Colorado Springs location for lunch. We both had grilled whitefish soft tacos and they were excellent. In the past, we greatly enjoyed their Margaritas...a little early today so we reluctantly had soft drinks. We will dine here again soon in Colorado Springs and perhaps try the downtown location on Tejon. When I lived in Colorado Springs this was one of my favorites.

• Visited May 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“I can rely on Jose's”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I've eaten at this location at least 3 times and have been to the downtown location many times. I wouldn't call Jose's "Mexican," but "Southwestern."

Complimentary chips were warm, but they're very thin and not as pleasing to the palate as at other TexMex/Soutwestern joints. The salsa itself was just "meh." Needed more spicy heat, and perhaps lime!

We shared a fajita platter with large portions of grilled chicken and buffalo sliced up and laying on a generous bed of caramelized onions and red bell pepper. It came out sizzling and smelling great... and of course the smell seeped into my hair and clothes for the rest of the night.

The chicken was juicy, and the buffalo, though rather chewy, was medium rare the way we like it. We both had to cut the meat further into smaller pieces as the chunks were much larger than bite-sized. The dish needed more bell pepper. Sides were ok; we asked to switch out the refried beans with black beans, and they had no problems doing that for us. But the beans were dry and topped with cheese (does EVERYTHING have to drown in cheese?). Rice was not bad, but MY guacamole is better as Jose's tomatoes had no flavor. The shredded yellow/white cheese is standard, but at least it appeared to be freshly shaved and didn't come out of a bag. Overall, the food was better than I expected from previous experiences.

Service was terrific. We were promptly greeted by a smiling hostess and we were seated immediately (we had reservations). Our server Harmony was very friendly, but she was also very good. Her upbeat attitude and the way she coordinated the bussers and other servers reminded me of employees at higher-end establishments. Really efficient, attentive when she needed to be, and subtle at other times.

This Jose's is always really busy, especially on Thursdays for the $2 'Rita. Atmosphere is lively and energetic with lots of kids, tweens, adults out with their parents, couples, etc. The layout is attractive and includes an outdoor area, and there is a nice waiting section up front. Parking is tight; it's not the right size for a restaurant that large.

If you just want basic southwest flavors, some people-watching, support a Colorado local restaurant, and are on the east side of town, I do recommend you check out Jose Muldoon's!

• Visited August 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
“Always a Hit!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place is ALWAYS a hit in my book! I love the downtown location, the patio is super nice in the spring/summer/fall! Great service, wonderful staff and the food is always a hit! The best salsa as far as I am concerned, its not to hot nor to mild. I have yet to have tried anything I didnt totally love

Visited March 2013
Colorado Springs
“Fair Mexican Food”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were disappointed with our last visit to this restaurant. First of all, we had a long wait for our table, which was rather confusing as many tables were available. It seemed their wait staff was short, and when we were seated the hostess commented that it had been a challenging day. Hmmm? The food was just average. The chicken in the enchiladas seemed tough and not flavorful. The chips and salsa were just okay. We were disappointed.

Visited March 2013