“Elvis and Eel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Elvis and Eel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is the only sushi restaurant I know of which offers "all you can eat" ( in an hour) menu for lunch ( until 3PM) and for dinner.
Elvis, the owner, is very customer oriented and welcomes regulars and new guests with the same enthusiasm. Special requests are honored. If you order the more expensive rolls, then the all you can optin is worth it. There are also classic Japanese noodle dishes available too, The miso soup is very good as are the gyozas.sakes are available too.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank MmeM_12

cos
“Awesome Place to Eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Awesome!! Everytime we've gone in the food, service and fun atmosphere of the place has been great! This is absolutely a fun place to each sushi with the owner and chefs being highly attentive and personable. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mayfair57
Colorado
“All you can eat, but why would you?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I'm going to go out on a limb here and risk alienating myself from fellow "Advisors". I have never held that mass quantity of food can replace quality. After wading through a large variety of Sushi, there was nothing stellar about any of it. The dumplings were over fried, the edamames were cold, the rice was ordinary and the fish presentation was second rate. The crab is fake, I hate that, the squid and octopus is tough. The Salmon was the best of the lot, the yellow tail was not. The green tea ice cream was visually green but had no green tea flavor. When I walk into a Sushi restaurant I want to first be impressed with a clean environment, including the staff. Sushi Ring is kinda rough around the edges, and it is very noisy. Jun's, and Ai remain my favorites.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RCCSTT
Houston, Texas
““I'm going to hate myself for writing this, but they deserve it!!!””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Reviewed September 18, 2012 NEW You will not find another sushi restaurant like this in the nation...

I'd rather not tell you about Sushi Ring, because I'd rather not have to wait in lines to get what I love, but here it goes.

My cousins live in Colorado Springs and told me about an All-you-can-eat, made to order sushi. Sounds like an oxymoron, but it isn't...you're walking into Vahalla my friend.

We went, we experienced and we were utterly satisfied.

All ingredients are fresh, the staff relishes in their clients and quickly want to make you a return guest.

The price is RIGHT, the food great and the owners a delight.

If you live in Colorado Springs, get there! If you are visiting, go see what your city is woefully lacking.

I'm a believer!!!!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Osage2112
Colorado
“Great service - OK sushi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

* Overall - 3.5 stars

* Service - 5 stars (super-uber friendly & helpful)

* Ambiance - 3 stars (strip mall setting with big TV - nothing special and it was so very loud that it was very hard to hear the sushi chef or servers)

* Sushi - 3 stars (OK sushi, but some of it was not that fresh)
However, they did give us a taste of their house special, Upside-Down Shrimp & Scallops. Normally, I'm not a scallop fan, but was truly delicious! I would highly recommend that dish.

FYI - The All-You-Can-Eat-Sushi was not a great deal for us. We ate ourselves silly on sushi a-la-carte and it still came out less that the cost for all-you-can-eat.

NOTE: This rating is almost exactly opposite of our review of Ai Sushi... which we had for dinner that same night. They had great quality sushi and mediocre service.

• Visited August 2012