“Awesome of just OK ??”

Garden of the God's Market & Cafe
Ranked #6 of 1,439 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Gods Gourmet you will find our restaurant offers catering and gourmet market style foods, dine-in or take out deli. Garden of the Gods' Gourmet creates freshly prepared gourmet food for any occasion. We are known for our award-winning tradition of culinary excellence, knowledgeable service and gracious hospitality, we remain firmly committed to serving our wonderful customers with unique and delicious cuisine, with natural, made-on-premise appeal. Serving Breakfast, Lunch Dinner and Brunch every weekend.
Colorado
“Awesome of just OK ??”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I've been meaning to try this place since it opened a few months ago, but I heard the wait can be an hour. However, this weekend I went with a girlfriend around 12:30 p.m. on Saturday and there was no wait at all. On weekend they serve lunch and brunch on Sunday. We ordered off the brunch menu and it was AWESOME. And their whole grain pancakes are to die for. It is a big pricey but it seemed worth it. So the next day I decided to go back with my husband. It was Sunday and we got there right at Noon. They said there was a 25 minute wait, and they were very accurate about their estimate. When we finally got to sit down about a third of the tables were empty, and it stayed that way. Since I really don't like waiting, I found this little fact really annoying. This time we order off the lunch menu. Things were pretty tasty, but certainly more in the OK category and not the awesome. Also, I got there hungry, and left hungry. Being a small person that doesn't eat that much that did not make me happy. All of a sudden, the pricey didn't quite seem worth it. Also, things are a bit greasy overall.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank ColoTravellers

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Very uncomfortable”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

The food was alright, but the dining room is overcrowded. The tables are so close together that when people passed between tables their butts swept over part of the table. The chairs are like cheap lawn chairs that wobble and sway, feeling like they are going to collapse at any second. The dining experienced would be greatly enhanced if they up-graded the seating and removed a few tables.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank NancyExplores
Old Town, Florida
“Worth stopping in”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Since its opening, every time I drive by the parking lot is full. I finally stopped in for lunch and it was worth it. I just barely beat the lunch crowd, by the time I left the tables were full. The Quiche was lite and tasty. The waitresses were great and gave me a sample of the Curry Chicken Salad when I saw an order go by and it looked really good. I ended up buying some at the market before I left and I couldn't pass up the pastry counter either (the tortes are excellent). I agree that it's a bit pricey for a local but I'll be back in when I need to treat myself.

• Visited July 2014
colorado springs
“Eating local”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We've had great food from GOG Gourmet in the past. Now they have much more room in their new location and the food is excellent. We stopped for Saturday lunch and were pleased to find a brunch menu being offered. The atmosphere was bright and busy. Service was fast, accurate and cheerful. My southwest style eggs Benedict were excellent. I applaud them for using Pueblo chiles and cheese bread and meat suppliers who are local to Colorado.

The goodies in the market and carry out areas deserve a look. There are intriguing chutneys and sauces. The house made cranberry pecan shortbread cookie was delicious and large enough to share.

Visited July 2014
Lutz, Florida
“Wonderful Breakfast”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Restaurant has very nice comfortable atmosphere. The staff was very nice and professional. The breakfast was great. had the multi-grain pancakes with side a bacon very yummy.

Visited July 2014