“Amazing secret on north Tejon!”
Review of Smiley's Bakery and Cafe - CLOSED

Smiley's Bakery and Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was my second visit to Smiley's while my spouse has been here several times. Each experience is better than the last. We visited for Sunday brunch and were greeted by several incredible specials. I had a half order of shrimp creole and a chicken po-boy. Oh, boy; both were fantastic: great portions, wonderful flavor, and creatively presented. My wife had a HUGE bowl of the shrimp creole with yummy bread. Our friend had an omelet that looked like it came out of FOOD magazine.

1  Thank mtscribe

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Farm fresh eggs and veggies, and killer pastries and really good coffee make Smiley's a go to breakfast spot. Its right near the Colorado College campus and offers indoor and outdoor seating, at least this time of year!

1  Thank TERACINGUSA
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I've been to smiley's twice recently and thought it was great both visits! First time was with a friend of mine for a late breakfast she ordered the sweet potato pancakes and I had the blueberry french toast.. YUM! We also tried the fried green tomatoes but they weren't as good as I hoped they'd be. The next time I went for lunch and shared the crabcake sandwich and a ceasar salad... again both were great! Try to sit outside if it's nice. :)

1  Thank lmbaker21
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Overpriced and food is average. Service lacks country or Southern kindness. Cleaning rag landed in used plate. How does it get clean before the next wiping down of tables?

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Great breakfast spot! Funky little cafe with delicious food. The bacon was the best I have ever had. The prices are a little high but I would go again.