“Definitely worth a visit” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rudy's Country Store and Bar-B-Q

Rudy's Country Store and Bar-B-Q
Ranked #8 of 1,402 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Smithfield, North Carolina
“Definitely worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I came here with some co-workers for lunch. I didn't know what to expect when one of the guys who had been there before told me it was by weight. It was a great lunch to say the least. You do order at the counter and you see them behind the counter cut the meat right in front of you. The guy at the counter asked if I'd ever been there before and when I told him no, he offered a sample of the "lean" brisket. It was very tasty. I saw on the menu they also offer "moist" brisket so I asked for a sample of that. They willingly obliged. It was fantastic. I ordered a quarter pound and also got some potato salad as well. They had numerous other side items, one of which, the creamed corn, my co-worker said was awesome. My meal, the moist brisket and potato salad were both very very good. One of the other guys ordered some of the jalapeño sausage and I got a piece. It was very good as well. The sweet tea they offered was equally as good, which was a very pleasant surprise. The price was fair and the atmosphere was very casual, good for families or friends.

London, United Kingdom
“Mmmmmm....BBQ!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

BBQ places are very common in Colorado Springs but this place does have a bit of an edge. They have a choice of sauces and the take out here is also fantastic!

I had the turkey with the hot BBQ sauce which was fantastic overall.

Lafayette, Indiana
“Good BBQ in CS? Yes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stumbled upon this place while looking for another lunch destination, the food and service were simply awesome! We ate the Turkey and the Brisket and they were as great! Highly recommended!

Colorado
“Not great...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

The bbq is good, but somewhat uninspired. My ribs were chewy on the outside and at over $12 per pound, not a good buy. They were not very meaty at all. The smoked turkey was delicious, but just as expensive as the ribs. This place seems to be more about selling bottles of their sauce in the small country store rather than making good product in house. The slaw comes with an ingredient label on it that lists a littany of preservatives. In fact, just try to find something at Rudy's that doesn't have Sodium Benzoate in it. Instead of having a warmer full of house made bbq sauce to ladle out on your meat, they hand you factory-packaged plastic tubs also loaded with preservatives. It makes you wonder if anything is actually fresh made. I won't be coming back.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Pueblo, Colorado
“Excellent Smoked BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was our 2nd time here and the food was just as good. The first time we were here they were so busy we had to wait in line for almost 20 mins. Which worked out fine since we didn't know what we wanted to eat. Everything sounded good. We ended up this time with Pork Loin and Brisket. The pork loin was very moist for a smoked meat and had wonderful flavor. The Brisket was extremely lean and very flavorful. We tried the cole slaw, beans and potato salad. For me the potato salad was a creamy style potato salad and I am not a huge potato salad fan, but this one was great. My husband liked the beans,they are a pinto type bean and sauce (the sauce is not a BBQ sauce which was unique). Cole Slaw wasn't too bad. I had the opportunity to try the jalapeno sausage, I thought it might be too hot, however the sausage had good flavor with just enough zing to let you know it had a little bit. I would highly reccommend this for dine in or for take out.