“nice place to sit, eat gelato, and chat with friends”

Glacier Homemade Ice Cream & Gelato
Ranked #4 of 41 Dessert in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Gourmet ice cream and gelato made fresh daily! Unique flavors made with candy and baked goods made from scratch in our own kitchen. Featured on Fox News and in the Gazette and Indy "Best of the Springs". Locally roasted coffee and espresso drinks. Ice cream cakes, take-out pints, shakes, candy, and more. Semi-private room with fireplace, enclosed outdoor grass play area, and patio seating. Military and student discounts available.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“nice place to sit, eat gelato, and chat with friends”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our friends introduced us to this place because they love it, so we went there with them on a Friday night. I like the atmosphere because there are plenty of places to sit inside and outside when most ice cream places are small with little seating. I also like that there are plenty of flavors of both gelato and ice cream, along with coffee. There was a long line and lots of people hanging out, which shows they have good business. We sat outside and talked until they closed at 10 and it was a lovely evening! I had chocolate pecan gelato and my husband had coconut gelato.

• Visited June 2013

Fort Carson, Colorado
“Not anything special”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

There was a long line and only 2 employees. The one who helped us was kind of rude. The gelato wasn't anything too special. It was overpriced if you ask me.

Visited June 2013
cos
“Great Place for Gelato”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Thoroughly enjoy the gelato. This shop has many choices for both gelato and ice cream. All flavors of the gelato I tried have been excellent with flavor plus! The staff is friendly and there is plenty of seating for a eatery of this nature. Highly recommend a visit. Have been here several times.

Visited May 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“High Altitude Gelato”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Admittedly I was skeptical about trying Glacier Homemade Gelato. (The last time I tried some in town, it was worse than mediocre due to management's miserly attitude and high altitude tendency to dry out.) So, when I heard about this shop, I put it on my "to try" list. I am happy to report that I was pleasantly surprised by the dedication of the staff to prduce a quality product by using authentic equipment and all natural ingredients. I was encouraged to taste several choices ( there are over 12 choices) and enjoyed them. So I selected a cup of the Samoa tropical blend of flavors...very nice. Is this as good as Trattoria Fantastica's in San Diego's Little Italy which is at sea level? No, but not because they aren't doing the right thing, The altitude makes all recipes harder to produce at the highest level. It seems to dry out exposed gelato. Nonetheless, Glacier Homemade Gelato is moving so much product that fresh is not an issue. I look forward to returning often with friends and will be sure to spread the good word. Buon appetito!

• Visited May 2013
Colorado Springs
“excellent GELATO”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I love their gelato; they always have different flavors to choose from. I just wish they had a store on the south end of town, so that I wouldn't have to drive to the north end of town to eat gelato. took my dad there yesterday, he loved it (he ended up eating the peanut butter fudge); i really like their Nutella flavor, but yesterday I had the chocolate mousse.

• Visited May 2013